Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The X-Fools

I guess my teammates were not kidding when they told me a certain editor that we work with, who shares a surname with the renowned Fox 'Spooky' Mulder, is a little out of this world; thus she is dubbed "The X-Files". The product which I worked on with her, as it turns out, does not need subbing. Which means that I should not have wasted my time editing the darn thing since she rejected everything, saying that those were from an external source and cannot be changed. Not even the obvious typos... Well, Isure feel like an (x) fool.

But of course, she failed to tell me this earlier. On top of that, her e-mail to me sounded as if I was dumb enough not to know and sorta wasted her time. Even if I did know, it's not like she was being specific as to which part needed subbing and which didn't...*sigh*

In this case, I sure wouldl like to work with a Scully. As much as she is rather rigid, matter-of-fact and by the book, at the very least I know I could rely on her to lay down the facts on me straight up. I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of going around in circles, hunting aliens and all for something that should be left well alone.

Ah well... Serves me right for having a penchant for all things paranormal. Never thought I'd work with one, though...

Love,
HAminudin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment