Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Afternoon, 5th Week

It's been an eventful day today. Well, as eventful as a day in a life of me can get. But it was a break from the normal grind; so it was refreshing. Anything to stray from the monotony that sets in when being idle for too long; it needs a little shake-up.

So, as I mentioned earlier, we had a newbie join our team, Australia B. His name is Saiful and he's living in TTDI, and this is his first job after acquiring a degree in TESL from UiTM. As it turns out, there is another new SE in Juliana's team. Her name is Anne and she's from Cheras and she did Communications+Psychology. Since Lin, my TL, asked me to take Saiful out; and since Jue's TL didn't assign anyone to show Anne around (like when Jue started), Jue decided to bring Anne together with us. So the four of us went to StreetMall and had lunch at Q Thai.

It was quite nice having a bit of a crowd to talk to. I haven't had that in a while, so it was nice listening to many stories at once; and get to know new people. And furthermore, the two seem to be really nice; so it was fun. We talked for so long that we didn't realize we stayed out for 2 hours :p

Oh, by the way, I found out from Saiful that there should be another SE joining the team, but she had an emergency to attend to; so we'll be meeting her soon.

Hmmmm...other than that today, during our team meeting, we found out that today is Yoges' last day. So for tea time, we got her a cake from Secret Recipe and had a small farewell gathering. I don't know her that well, but I'll always remember her as being the one who took me out for lunch on my first and second day of work...and thus, made me that more comfortable in the company. All the best, Yoges!

Alfred called, and he said he'll be in Cyberjaya in a bit with his boyfriend, Fairuz. So we agreed to meet after I finished work. So I asked Jue if she could do me a favour and drop me off at Secret Recipe, where Alfred was. So she gave me a lift there and finally, after so long, I got to sit down and catch up with dear Alfred... It's been a while la.. Have missed you alot.

We didn't really get to catch up on much; but still, to be able to see him after so long is definitely a relief. Just to know that all is well with him and that he's doing good. Oh, and to meet his boyfriend, of course. Looks like I have to add another Fairuz to my inventory :p

Anyway, when I got home, I was so worn out. I still haven't recovered from yesterday's shopping at the Pasar Tani in Shah Alam; so my brain is still feeling the heat that set it to boil. Was just so content at being able to take off my clothes and lie back...So much so that I didn't hear Ayus call.

Anyhow, that's how my Monday went. It was none of that Monday blues thing, so I'm glad :)

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment