Sunday, March 29, 2009

This time, Last Year...ep.4, 5, 6 & 7

Ok, I've been a little malas due to my being sick and not having that much time and energy to think and type out words. Hence, my leaving several entries neglected and unwritten. So, here goes:


******************************************************************

20th March 2008

Episode 4

The night before the 20th of March 2008, I had my final assessment for my Entrepreneurship skills class. I was stressing so much that I missed my classes and was running about to print and stuff; seeing how my teammates were none too helpful. Thankfully, I had the Twisties helping me out lots.

After the presentation, Yumi sent me back to Nusaibah and I told her I might wanna go to Ampang Point the next day after my Islamic Aqidah second midterm test to get some pressies for my sister. Yumi said she might tag along.

After my test, which I almost missed cos I woke up 15 minutes before the test, I text Ash and Yumi, the only ones in the vicinity who'd be there to go with me. Ash said he could teman me, and later Yumi replied that she was in, too, so she'd be picking us up.

And so we went, and we shopped and we ate at Taiwan Noodle House, and we wondered what to do next. The day was young, and possibilities were endless. So the three of us found ourselves just driving around aimlessly, weaving in and out of streets, taking in the sights. At one point I wanted to kuih, but only mentioned it after we passed no more stalls that might have them :p We drove here and there, with Ash taking over at some point and just went around. We passed some dudes playing football, at which point Yumi and I stared, and for some reason, we soon found ourselves in Amcorp Mall.

Yumi did some book shopping after I introduced her to Book Xcess and we had dinner at Uncle Chili's. Ash was acting weird and Yumi and I thought it was because he drank a weird concoction of some sauce and drinks from a straw...eew. And also maybe cos of the lack of nicotine :P

So here is where the three of us start our drives together...



*******************************************************************************

27th March 2009

Episode 5

This would be one of the last times all of us (with the exception of Stitch) would be together in one place in one time at Bangi Kopitiam. There was Aaina, Ash, Ayumi, Fidzy, Lina, Maj, Raqib, and me all there at our favourite table having tea/early dinner together like we have done the entire semester. This would be something that I miss dearly, as in the coming months, things would change dramatically.

We had dinner, returned, cos of Aaina and I had our last History of the United States class that we could not miss, while Yumi, Ash and Maj went off for drinks. After our class, Aaina had to head out with friends while Yumi said that Maj would be picking me up to at the tangga besar to join them. I waited, Maj came, and we left.

Had drinks with the three eventhough it was already 11pm and counting. Curfew was at 12am, but we went on talking. Pretty soon, we had to leave, but even then, it was 5 minutes to 12am. Maj headed home, while Yumi supposedly had to send us. I was hyped up at the knowledge of being at the end of the sem, and was up to adventures aplenty; and had that slight reluctance to my voice about going back. Ash sensed it. Stopped at the petrol station by the roadside cos Ash wanted to go to the loo.

When Ash came out, he had a serious, determined look that brooked no nonsense. He tapped on Yumi's driver's side window, signalled her to move to the passenger seat wordlessly amd took over the wheel. There was total silence in the car as we adhered to him. We didn't dare say a word. I strapped myself in as he drove. He was quiet, deadly serious, and he drove fast towards the turn to IIUM, and at the last second, swerved off the lane and onto the road leading away from campus. After a few quiet moments, realization sank in.

We will not be going back tonight.

*********************************************************************

28th March 2008

Episode 6

We will not be going back tonight
.

Yumi and I thought as we looked wide eyed at our hijacker. And after some long seconds stretched, our abductor laughed maniacally. I was freaked out, honest to God I was. But he was Ash again, smiling devilishly at what he had just done. Yup, we were out for an all nighter for sure. And I didn't mind a bit.

We drove on. The night is always beautiful for sight-seeing if you like watching the lights go by, all blurry in its myriad of colours. And it's even better when you have good company. We drove all over that night. Cyberjaya/Putrajaya was one of our first stops. There was of course, our notorious toilet incident at Shangri La and our admiring the beautiful bridges at the night.

It was about 3am that we left Cyber/Putrajaya, and we proceeded to drive around KJ, Shah Alam (where I got us a little lost despite it being my hometown), then back to KL and ended up back in the McDonald's along the road near Wangsa Maju. Had an early breakfast and then went some where on the hill to watch the sunrise. We then started back to IIUM to catch up on them Zs.

It was a crazy, wonderful night. I loved it. It sure beats being bored and alone in the room watching movies on my laptop. That was then, a year ago.


*******************************************************************************

29th March 2008

Episode 7

Aaina and I were busy studying for our US History final exam the next day. And yet, the Twisties invited us out for dinner at Kunang-Kunang. A chance for good company over food, I wouldn't pass it up, even of there was an exam the next day. As long as I got enough rest and enough studying in before tomorrow, I should be a-ok.

So we went . It was a nice dinner with the dudettes and dude. Too bad we had to go home after because of the exam :P


*************************************************************************

I can only look back and wonder again and again. I'm not looking for something I should have done differently; hell no. As much as I was taken by surprise, I wouldn't change it for the world. This is the kind of surprise that takes you and turns your life around, and makes you see another side of life. This here, is my looking the point in where the dominoes began to fall into place. To see what leads to that pinnacle where I decided to turn. Because, it's always interesting to understand the history of things. Especially my own history. Our history.

Love,
Linzy

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment