Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not Fade Away

"Where is the praising and extolling of my virtues? Where's the love?"
AtS, 2:22


My usual Whedon.info digest caused a much sudden intake of breath as I read the headlines while at work, "Andy Hallett dies of heart failure...". I had to pause for a while and let the thoughts digest themselves, that the actors of my ever-immortal characters that I play over and over on my DVDs could actually be mortal.

"Take care of yourself and ah, and make sure fluffy is getting enough love."
AtS, 4:01


Lorne may never have been the highlight for me in Angel, but thanks to him being an empath demon with much insight, he serves to be the one to say put things out there when no one dares to say it. Sorta like a subtler Anya, in you will. His wisdom laced with humor are heartwarmers, laugh riots and simply endearing. Oh, and I love it when he calls Angel pastries. And Andy, the person behind the make-up and horns and colourful suits, well, he brings them to life. The way his voice changes from The Host to friend, you can feel the depth and feeling Andy brings to make that character believable. And his eyes convey much more than words can.

I want to say more, and I've been sitting here thinking of words to explain what I love about Andy's portrayal of Lorne and Lorne as a character himself, but I can't seem to find the right words. No matter, because he'll always be alive to me; even if it is just in my DVDs. And Andy/Lorne, you're no lackey. You'll sing on.

"Good night, folks."
AtS, 5:22
Love,
Linzy the Whedonite
P/S: Dollhouse is just amazing. It's not too late to convert to Whedonism. Watch Dollhouse.

1 comment(s):

Yanna said...

I just read about this a couple of hours ago, and I was shocked - I had no idea he'd been battling heart disease and for so long too. Lorne was one of my favourite characters on Angel, and it's just shocking that Andy Hallett died so young.

Post a Comment