Thursday, March 19, 2009

Word Associations

It's amazing how a single word can invoke so much emotion and memories that come flooding just as suddenly as the blood that rushes to my cheeks. It takes me by surprise and on a sudden rollercoaster ride of memories that leaves me breathless and flushed. I become awkward, and become aware of my sudden grinning for no apparent reason.

I am delightfully delighted at the oddest places, at the oddest times when a word is thrown against the door of my well guarded memories. They come tumbling and gushing forth like a force that just invites in everything else to invade upon me. The doors are open and I can't close them both at the same time. So I stand at the doorway and let the tide take me. And I don't mind.

Because every word reminds me of the that time when, and that thing during, and when that occurred. It reminds me of a word in a sentence once uttered, a description of something done, or a time and place remembered. And they make me smile--wide.

And it's just because everything reminds me of you.

Yours,
N.e.Q

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment