Thursday, March 05, 2009

This time, Last year...ep.1

This time, last year...

I was up early in the morning and putting every single BtVS/Angel/Firefly merchandise (of course, some of them were actually Fidzy's collection of action figures) I thought was worth talking about in a backpack. I was also frantically making sure that whatever I had on looked perfect and in place. From my make-up to my clothes, which by the way, had to be white; and everything else that should make me look good. Not that I have any delusions that I am a smokin' hot specimen, but just good enough to blend into society and not attract too much attention; hence doing the blend-y thing.

I walked down the dreaded stairs of doom, a.k.a Nusaibah's very own Batu Caves stairs, and waited at the busstop until an available cab passed by. Once I got a cab hailed that and the cabbie agreed to drive me to Mutiara Damansara (methinks; but I forgot already), I sat back and relaxed and waited to arrive.

I arrived, I waited, and got hustled by this Chinese dude who called me Adik Cantik who told me to join the talk that was going to be given by some politician just up the street. Oh, in case you didn't realize, the date 5th of March 2008 is three days shy of the election; hence the hustling and bustling. When this dudette, Nicolette Ng, and her friend arrived, I finally went up into the building I was waiting in front of, a studio.

Went in, got my make-up cleaned up and reapplied by a professional, and had my clothes chosen for me. And voila, I was ready to be shot...by a camera, I mean. Ayus and Fairuz were late, so I had my photoshoot done first. Yep, I was there for the Female magazine photoshoot.

I am no model, that's for sure. And no amount of watching ANTM can help me. The idea of being in front of many people who are holding cameras and directing you this way and that, and suddenly being extremely concious about how you look, ain't gonna help in making you feel less like a mannequin. I couldn't move and didn't know what to do with myself. I guess they gave up after a while and just settled for whatever they had.

Ayus had a better shoot, I'd think. It seemed more relax cos she was able to stretch out. I hated the fact that they were doing a close-up for me, and it was made worse when they told me to *smile*. With my teeth showing and all...and for me, that's a big no-no. I just am so totally uncomfortable and insecure about showing my teeth. But all in all, it ended up like this:



Notice Spike and Giles?


We were featured in Female Magazine, May 2008; the Movie Issue


After the shoot, Fairuz & Fairuz sent me back to campus. I had a Discourse Analysis presentation at 2pm, so I had to be back and couldn't stay to chat. As soon as I got to campus and reached the bridge just before Nusaibah, I saw Fidzy, Yumi and Lina looking at a wreck of a bike. I opened the window and hollered at them, and they told me that Ash got into an accident; and that the messed up bike they were looking at was the one he was on.

I could have sworn my heart stopped. Went up to the room for a quick change and rushed back down to hear what happened. Thankfully Ash was alright and was now in his room recuperating. I was ridden with guilt so much, cos I wasn't there when it happened. The time it happened was when I'd usually be hanging with the girls. Ash called them to come to the clinic, and I felt so bad that I wasn't there for him.

Later in the afternoon, after class finished and we went to have our usualy drinks at Bangi Kopitiam, I got so worried looking at the scratches all over Ash. But was ever thankful that he was ok.. Despite him hurting and being sore all over, it's just good to see him alright.

A little worse for wear, but thankfully, safe and sound


Of course, nowadays I'm even more thankful that he's alright. Where would I be now if anything happened to him? Would I ever know the things I am feeling now...? That night after we came back from Danau Kota, and was telling the story to Zaza; I felt that pang of sadness and broken-heartedness thinking if Ash was not that lucky...wondered how I would take it; especially because it was previous night that I had that dream. The first of its kind. And it was that point that I realized I cared more for Ash than I knew...only that I didn't know how much--yet.

This is one of the firsts of the domino effect...

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment