Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Bed

Hello, Bed.

Remember me?

Oh you know, the one you don't see in the day. Only all night til the morning's light that you have my weight upon you. And yet today, oddly I am here.

Well you see, Bed, after leaving the soft comfort of your pillow-y embrace, I left for work as usual. But you see, I was already feeling that light-headedness and nausea even before I left the room. I thought it would have receded when I get to my office and have my usual cup of honey+oats cereal drink.

As it turns out, when I got to my space on that fourth floor of FSBM, I knew that anything I chug down would come back up for sure. So I didn't dare have a single bite and continued work as per usual. But soon, I get this weird sensation in my tummy like little monsters are having a fight in there, and my migraine was playing merry hell with my head. And after several minutes intervals, I somewhat retch, like I was about to throw up.

I tried to bear with it and go on with the day. But I couldn't focus on anything and was just feeling like I wanted to sink to the floor and lie down. In my line of work, being like that rendered me useless. I couldn't concentrate, thus I cannot edit. I decided to ask for the rest of the day off and thankfully, my TL gave me the greenlight.

Juliana took me to the clinic and the doctor told me my situation after prodding my tummy and pressing on certain points in my head:

I definitely have food poisoning which is causing me to throw up and purge and have headaches. To add to my suffering, I do have migraines which is made worse by my poisoning induced headaches. And, to top it all of, I have sinus, which ups the pain and aggravation of headaches and migraines all the more. So I was sent home with a bag load of medication (I suspect that since I am covered under my company's insurance, they take advantage of that...). After eating a bowl of kuey tiaw in gravy that Juliana helped me buy and downing the many types of meds, I looked to you.

Which brings me here right now at a very odd time, Bed. But I just really really need the comfort of being able to lay down while I nurse myself back to health. My head is hurting, my tummy's doing a dance it never practiced for, and I wanna throw up; I'm not gonna be able to actually take care of myself much, but at least you can do half the trick. I wish I could be with my family or better, have my Encik Sedil to keep me company; but I couldn't, so I know I can count on you.

So thank you, Bed. I know you've seen many of my adventures in these 2 months, but I am glad that you are always there to support me.

Love,
Hazlin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment