Monday, November 24, 2008

On the Hunt

It has only been 2 weeks since I finished my last paper, American Literature. From then, I have been busily packing and moving out of campus, staying at home and helping out with chores where I can and I have also *ahem ahem* been tinkering with my resume and cover letter. Yup, I am unemployed and looking to banish that title as far away as I possibly can.

It's been nice staying at home and lazing about. Sleeping late and sleeping in has surely been good, seeing how last semester was such a horror. But it's getting old fast, and I can actually feel myself getting more sluggish by the day, and getting fatter, too. Not to mention I am feeling very much useless.

There is just a need to get up and do something. As much as the prospect of just relaxing for a month or two is great, I don't think I can for long. And I know my mother and the rest of my family would love me to be around longer, but I cannot be at a standstill. This in-between, transitioning feeling has to go. Not to mention I feel like I'm too old to be reliant on them, and I need to do something to earn my living.

Thus, I have finished writing my resume and cover letter, and am sending them out to wherever I can. So far, I have received one call, but I turned it down due to it not exactly being my forte. I'm looking more into editing and content/creative writing, and they're very limited, so I best be sending in my application now so not to miss out. There are many great jobs that have caught my eye, but now, all I have to do is wait to see whether I'm shortlisted.

So, wish me luck. I'm on a job hunt and ready to go. Lets see where the hunt takes me.

~Linzy

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment