Friday, February 27, 2009

Lucky 7

I forgot on whose blog I found this, but I just thought it'd be a nice way to pass the time. Besides, the questions seem interesting.

7 facts you may not know about me

  • I would have had another sibling three years younger than I am. But my mother miscarried.
  • I dislike being called 'Ayin' by my peers. It's a name reserved only for family, whether immediate or extended. But I suppose someone overheard it being used and decided to use it, too. I personally prefer 'Lin' or my actual name, even.
  • I was actually due to be born on the 4th of January 1986; and nowhere within 1985.
  • I would have been named either Sarah (my mum's idea), Heidi (also mum's) or Azlin (my mother's); but my father objected to all of them, particularly 'Azlin'. Him having the initial 'A' provided him with much experience of being called first for everything.
  • I have a birthmark on my right arm; just a darkened patch of skin.
  • I only act ditzy for the satisfaction of seeing a person's face change when their perception of me is proven wrong. Or, so to not seem like an exasperating know-all. Or, so to not draw too much attention to myself. But for the most part, to get out of trouble.
  • I am of no mix heritage (as far as I know, anyway), nor have I ever lived overseas; contrary to popular belief(s).

7 things that scare me

  • Losing the people I love.
  • Being the only person left (it's scarier than any horror movie, being alone).
  • Bringing my defences down.
  • Departing without leaving an impact or change or a contribution.
  • Being told that I am insignificant, or not good enough.
  • Never marrying and never having my own children.
  • Never being able to record everything that crosses my thoughts. Which is why I write alot. Sometimes about utter nonsense. But writing gives me purpose; regardless of content.

7 songs that I like most

  • Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
  • Always - Bon Jovi
  • Angel - Sarah McLachlan
  • Who Will Save Your Soul? - Jewel
  • Playboy Mommy - Tori Amos
  • I'll Be - Edwin McCain
  • Strong - Robbie Williams

7 phrases that I say the most

  • Bloody hell.
  • What the heck? or What the frickin' hell...?
  • Tulaa pasal... (yes, Hamz. I'm still using it til this day)
  • ...lah.
  • Yep yep.
  • Okey dokey.
  • No problemo.

7 of my precious things
We talking about people, inanimate objects, or both? I'll go for objects; for people, the list is too long.

  • My Claddagh ring
  • My laptop
  • My phone
  • My collection of Whedonverse-related stuff
  • My collection of photographs (whether digital or in print)
  • My journals
  • My poetry

7 memorable first times

  • *that*
  • oh yeah, that
  • uh-huh, that, too
  • not to forget that ;)
  • also that
  • definitely that, and
  • that!

7 friends to tag

  • Encik Sedilku
  • Fidzy
  • Bella
  • Idzaid
  • Sarah
  • Anis
  • Yanna
  • ...and actually everyone else who's a regular reader. Sorry I can't tag everyone. But you know who you are :)

Love, Hazlin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment