Monday, February 09, 2009

Revisited

Your wildcard, boy, needs playing
Don't believe the lie
Your dragon needs slaying
Why don't you lay here with me
And I will bring
Kisses for the beast

'Dragon' - Tori Amos from American Doll Posse

No two paths are the same on which tunes travel by. And this tune, this afternoon reached to me on another high. Revisiting from the first time I penned those unlived thoughts. Oh, how it paints different shades of grey each time it plays.

The grey for today plays it lukewarm. Neither timid nor bold. The chilling fire or the fiery cold. It paints over the first art I thought I was meant to keep, and now etches another atop the other with lines so deep.

Play this hand, we'll never know if it's a win. But my money's on the jackpot. Because dragons, as hard as they are to slay; quietens after a while and lays dormant as the dust and ash settles. And the raging beast only roars when daylight makes its head rise to greet the fray, and yet purs the solace of night away.

Don't believe the lie. The smokescreen. It's a distortion from what really lies behind these maze of mirrors. Reflections are the opposite. Almosts but not quite. Reach out. And where your hand does not touch the smooth, cold surface; you'd find warmth.

Love, Lin~

P/S: Dear Tori, why say one thing when you can say a million? Your music tells countless stories, always something new each time I listen. There is an art to your art.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment