Monday, February 02, 2009

Exhausted

I'm exhausted. Drained. Tired. I cannot even begin to explain how much I would just love to lay my head upon the pillow and sleep the night away and not think about anything else...

But I want to write this down before I forget. This will be brief, though:

  • I moved into Cyberia yesterday, but after transporting every single thing I can stuff into the back of my father's Innova, I realized that I forgot all my pillows.

  • Since my uncle and aunt were there to help, too; they suggested I followed them home and get some pillows and they'd send me to work today. So that's what I did.

  • I got to work at about 8.45am, after dropping off some stuff at my apartment and having breakfast with my uncle and aunt.

  • I had some briefings throughout the day, although, the briefings were pretty, errr...brief. They only took minutes, so for the most part, I spent my day at work just staring out the window or reading whatever I could find on the desk. Most of the reading materials were manuals, notes and training modules. Yes, I read all those over and over. They couldn't give me work cos I haven't been trained; and that only starts on the 5th, and will go on for 2 weeks and a half. So I just literally sat there. Fell asleep many times. Almost missed one briefing, as well.... You get even more bored when you do nothing. I would have been so thankful if I had to work straightaway.

  • Made some friends--they were all friendly, by the way--and had lunch with Yoges (hopefully I got the spelling right) and Ernest at a place called Indian Kitchen at the Street Mall.

  • By the way, I have a nice little workstation on my own; pretty neat.

  • I finished at 5.30pm and Fairuz & Fairuz picked me up and we went to Alamanda to shop and to Souq for dinner.

  • Now I'm back at my place, haven't met my housemates since they're all in their rooms. Found out that there's a frickin' huge Persian cat living in the house. And I am waaaaay too tired to rearrange stuff in my room cos I really want to sleep. But then I need to iron my clothes for tomorrow....

Anyway, that was all that happened. I seriously cannot go deep into it right now cos I am so exhausted. But I will (hopefully) when I feel more relaxed. And I better remember to bring something to read tomorrow while I sit around, rather than stare into space.


So yeah, another time then. Nite!

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment