Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It Takes Two

My Sayang's theatrical performance last night was fantastic! Just as I knew it would be.I enjoyed it very very very much and couldn't help the surge of pride as I watched from the audience knowing that it's my boyfriend up there :)

It was the Nusantara Theatre Week (NTW) opening night last night. After training, Fidzy, who finished class at 3.30pm and came to Cyberjaya with Shu; picked me up and so that we could go to UIA and watch the play. Before that, we stopped at my place so I could take a shower and change; and then we headed to a Thai restaurant at Cyberjaya's Street Mall cos I wanted to belanje Fidzy and Shu since I got my first paycheck and all :p We then left for Gombak, where we waited til the play started; with me catching up with my coursemates whom I haven't seen in a long time. Got to see Ash for a bit before he had to go back in again.

The theme for the NTW was Women and Independence; thus all the plays this week would bear that theme in mind. Ash's play, 'It Takes Two to Tango' was about how the relationship between husband and wife needs a sense of harmony. Being a wife need not be about kow-towing to your husband to the extent where he takes you for granted, as portrayed by the character, Linda, with Ash acting the insensitive husband, Wazir. Nor does it mean by being independent to the point where you become deluded to think that you are better than everyone else, especially your husband; as the characters Najwa and Arshad portrayed.

The play was about two married couples and how each couple were so out of sync with one another. Either party in both couples were each the other's oppposite, making you wonder why A didn't marry C, and B didn't marry D? It contrasted between the two extreme types of married women, and how in the end, neither wins. Of course, their husbands, too, play a role in that; and not saying that it was the wives fault alone nor the husbands. The simple message (yet with deeper resonance) is this; when it all comes down to it, before the curtains were drawn close; the play was trying to say that marriage is about being a team and finding common ground so to do each other's part fairly. One cannot be in isolation of the other, and in the end; you'll only lose out when you find that the you're left carrying one side of the weight, while having to drag the other side along behind you.

Ash performed the character well, of course :) Since he didn't tell me what it was about in advance, I went into the auditorium blind, and was very surprised to see my Sayang dancing on stage. Hehe...left me wide-eyed a little, before I actually came to my senses and clapped with the rest of the audience. The rude, arrogant and insensitive husband character was alive as Ash played it to the fore. I hope you are not like that yeah, Sayang? J/k... I had my laughs, and had the moments of awe and smiles... And all in all, I was just proud to be the one the guy walked towards to after the curtains fell.

After the play, it was nice to be in the presence of one of the stars... My own personal Star, that is. And since I haven't seen Ash for nearly a month, it felt very good to be able to just be near, even if I had to leave in the next twenty minutes or so. Auntie Yati, Uncle RoC and Nana was there as well, since Nani was directing the play; so I introduced Ash to one of my mak angkats (Auntie Yati is my mom's best friend, so she's pretty much like a mom, too). Apparently, my mom told me that Ash got Auntie Yati's approval as well :) Although, my mom warns you that you might just be in for some more traumatizing experiences, Sayang...be forewarned.

I got to spend some moments with Ash... Well, moments when adoring fans aren't flocking him. But it was still something anyway. Took some pictures after, then was goofing about with Auntie Yati. Auntie Yati had offered to send me to KL Sentral, so I had to leave when they did.., felt quite sad that I couldn't spend longer time with Ash. Going home actually felt cruel; especially at the thought that it's mighty lonely back in my apartment. I'll only be going home to an empty room.

So I had to go... Felt like I didn't want to let go of Ash's hand. Eventually I did and I left with Auntie Yati. It took me less than an hour to get back, which was quite a surprise. Reached around 11.10pm and did my laundry, had a shower and then slept. And now, I'm back at work, and wondering when will I get to see my Sayang again...

*Sigh*

I may be able to be independent. I can live on my own and be self-sufficient; especially with me earning my own cash now and all. I can pay off my own bills, and get to places myself and am mobile without much preamble other than worrying about safety measures and all. I am limited within certain restrictions, but otherwise I'm pretty fine when by myself. But then, after living day in and day out in solitude, not being able to have some down time with your significant other; you appreciate the reality that, it really does take two to tango, because it's no fun waltzing with air.

I love you, Sayang..

Love,
Hazlin

P/S: Pictures will be posted soon when I get home from work :)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment