Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mum III

These past few days have been trying. I couldn't even put to words how I've been feeling in the span of time it took for everything to happen. This would be one of those times when everything goes on automatic, and your body and mind just goes into default to do what it has to do. Thankfully, I have a wonderful family who stick together through thick and thin, and we have loyal family friends; who were all with us through the entire ordeal. And I have my amazing Ash, who was there not just for me, but my family as well. For my sanity, I owe you, Sayang; for keeping me calm. And to Him, I owe him my strength.

It's hard to explain how the days went by. Words, as strong as they are, counts for nothing in times like these...
But let me break it down to points, for my sake and yours, because I have no other way to recount the days.

Thursday:

  • My mother told me that Mum's condition got worse; she's unconcious and she is not responding to medication. She has to be put into ICU for observation, because of her erratic BP, sugar level and temperature. She's even speaking in tongues, and has to be strapped down cos she's delirious and struggling.
  • My mother couldn't pick me up since I was out of the way, and suggested I went there myself. Thankfully, Ash manage to get a hold of a car, and came to get me from Cyberjaya, after work. Went home to change and get some things and then left for DSH.
  • Got to DSH and went to see Mum. She was unconcious but in fits; I got so heartbroken seeing her like that, so helpless.
  • Sat in the DSH lobby as relative/friends kept coming in; greeted and talked to them until visiting hours ended.
  • Ash and I were delegated to buy dinner for everyone; so we went to Baiti's, where we met Fidzy and family.
  • Had dinner at Aunty Zah's house while waiting for the KB fols to get to KL, so that Ash and I could go pick them up and show them the way to TTDI.
  • Went to pick Echik, Echu, Chu, Uncle Me and Nenek who got lost in Kepong town; and then brought them back to Aunty Zah's place.
  • It was getting late and I had work the next day, so Ash brought me back to Cyberjaya. Was restless for half of the night worrying about my aunt, but thankfully fell into exhausted sleep after a while.

Friday:

  • Went to work, but was worrying and worrying. My mind was all over the place despite having to go for a few briefings... Hopefully my colleagues don't think I am an absent-minded person who couldn't be relied on.
  • Had lunch with Ash. Got to work late after lunch. And had work piled on me like crazy. Next week will be hell. Was so tired from lack of sleep that I had to retreat to the (very very clean) restroom to doze a bit. I only woke up when I realized I was snoring too loud.
  • Ash picked me up from work at 5. Got held back abit, and had a pitstop at Alamanda; so we pushed off quite late; plus with the jams and all. En route, the car headlights died on us.
  • Was too late to go see Mum, so Ash sent me to Aunty Zah's place. Ash went to Fidzy's to figure out the car problems; but since it couldn't be fixed, I couldn't get back to Cyber. Was wishing that I stayed in Cyber that day.
  • Had to sleep in Aunty Zah's place despite not having a change of anything. That made me quite cranky :(

Saturday:

  • Woke up early and went out with Ash for breakfast and to buy some necessities. Went around TTDI to get this and that.
  • Ash dropped me off at DSH cos he needed to settle the car prob and also send it back to Gombak.
  • Was at DSH the entire day til night checking on Mum, meeting visitors and relatives etc.
  • Mum seems a whole lot better, eventhough she is still a little weak and groggy. Her coordination is just out and she is trembling a little, but otherwise, fine. Has a little of her old self back; albeit without the usual punch. Yet still a relief to see.
  • The KB folks, all but Nenek. left for Kelantan, since Sunday is working day and because my Chu has an appointment for chemotherapy.
  • Slept over another night at Aunty Zah's place.

Sunday:

  • Had breakfast, packed up, and headed to DSH. Mum has definitely improved drastically and now is slowly recovering. InsyaAllah, if her situation gets better and there's no need for intensive observation, then she can be moved out to a normal ward.
  • Mum can talk and be her normal self, and is actually eating. Her coordination, too, has improved and she doesn't tremble as much. She's just eager to get out.
  • Ash came by to visit and we stayed to chat with Mum for a bit before we both had to leave.
  • Left for Cyber; and that's where I am now. I'm relieved and I could definitely sleep easy tonight without worry. I just hope Mum gets better really soon.

If I were to go into details, Blogger would probably issue their first ever reminder that I am exceeding the sane limit of anyone's writing in a single sitting. So, this will suffice, although it'll never express the myriad of thoughts and feelings I had about what I felt and saw in those days.

Before I sign off, I want to thank everybody for their concern and prayers and support. To everyone who sent me their regards and words whether here on this blog, on Facebook or by phone or sms; thank you. You know who you are, of course :) My family (whether immediate or extended) who stuck together in adversity, and friends far and wide who came by to give support. And my Sayang, for being patient, ever-surprising and loving; I cannot thank you enough. I love you all to pieces. All your words and care counted for alot, and it worked wonders for my Mum. And of course, I thank You most of all, Almighty.

Thank you.

Love, Hazlin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment