Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tea and Biscuits

I used to walk into my office pantry and wonder why I would overhear my fellow colleagues discussing the biscuits and the array of coffee and tea provided by the company. I would hear things like "I prefer the other coffee. You know, that one that you press the button ma..." or, "Aiya, don't have any more la the chocolate biscuits, finish already". I would wonder why these people would actually sit at the pantry and discuss biscuits and beverages.

I wondered at first. After all, being a newbie made me feel like I didn't have the creds to actually critique the way of life here on this fourth floor of FSBM Plaza. Being a newbie also made me feel quite small and out-of-place to actually walk up to the pantry and brew myself a nice cup of something. So really, I don't actually have any say on the matter; both because I feel too new and because I haven't actually tried.

But today, having done some fair share of proofreading and filing, and since I do have a mug on my desk that reeks of unfulfilled potential; I decided to finally join the ranks of my fellow colleagues. So I went to the pantry, or as we call it, e-Pub, and looked at the myriad of colours. We have microwaves, toasters, hot/cold water dispensers, mineral water dispenser, a fridge and a Nestle drinks dispenser. On top of that, the company provides sachets of coffee mix, tea (all kinds; green tea, milk tea etc), sugar, milk and biscuits. I was spoilt for choice.

After deciding that I was gonna be malas today and not bother with something that requires more than two steps, I went to the Nestle hot drinks dispenser, put my mug at the designated spot and pressed for Choco-cino. And voila, I have a steaming mugful of delicious smelling yumminess. After snagging a few biscuits, I was good to go.

Back at my desk, I sat down and enjoyed my bounty while I started proofreading. Soon, I was back for more... This time it was Milo. And then more... Damn, I'm gonna put on weight from all this.

So it looks like I've finally gotten comfortable. Just hope I don't get too comfortable and decide to hog the dispenser... But for now, lemme enjoy my cup of green tea to soothe my senses and continue proofreading.

Love,
HAminudin@cch.com.my

1 comment(s):

TimShafiee said...

waaa..bestnye office u :)

Post a Comment