Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Day Two

Woo-hoo! I've completed my second day on the job.

It's only the second day, but I feel like it's been a week. I guess time moves super-slow when you're sitting around doing nothing in particular. But I've learned from yesterday, and today I went to work armed with books and a notebook to doodle in. So despite the fact that I was still sleepy and was about to doze off several times, and time did seem to move slow; it wasn't all that bad.

Oh, this second day also saw me attempting to take the RapidKL bus to work. So I got up early, had breakfast, got ready and went down to the busstop at about 7.45am. Since I start at 8.30am, I thought I'd give it some time since I wasn't sure of the bus schedule. I waited and waited, but the only bus that passed by was the one going to Lim Kok Wing. In the end I gave up and called Ayus for the cab phone number, called them, and got to work by cab. Argh, waste of money. But perhaps I waited at the wrong busstop for the bus...

I made some more friends today. Good to know that the people here are very jovial and friendly. It's a relief cos knowing that the nature of the job is rather dry and dull, there will be those that will brighten up the place with some laughs. Went for lunch with the same lunch buddies plus one, Mathan (again, I hope I got that right). Met some new recruits and made friends with Juliana, who just joined yesterday like me. I am now gonna be car-pooling with her to and from work...so I no longer have to take the bus! Yeay! That is, unless she has extra work to do and cannot go back with me or vice versa. Anyways, I am thankful that she offered to carpool, cos it's such a big help for me since I don't have a car yet. Thanks Juliana! When I get a car, we can probably take turns driving or something :)

Did a few more stuff like touring the office, checked out the security system and emergency exits, saw how some things work within the office system, had my computer set up for me to use. We also looked at the pantry and the miscellaneous foodstuff (the ones that are still good and some gone bad) kept in the fridge. I read some reading materials on grammar and 'house style' etc etc...

So today, although I didn't have much to do and felt extremely sleepy at times, it was more fun cos I have something to read, had people to talk to and did some things about the office. I feel a bit more productive now :) And also better adjusted.

Oh, I just remembered, at one point in the morning, I was so sleepy but couldn't possibly sleep right there in the middle of the office of about 120 people, and especially since one of the big bosses from Australia was in; so I went to the washroom (which is very clean, by the way), put down the toilet seat cover, sat there and snoozed abit. I know it's not the most kosher place to snooze, but I desperately needed some shuteye. I think I was out for about 20 minutes or so. When I got back out, I was refreshed. Heheh..silly me.

Anyhow, I'm bushed, and I want to catch a light snooze for a bit. So, bye! Will update you another time.

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment