Friday, February 13, 2009

Loud Silence v.2

I was idling my time away reading some of my old posts waiting for training to start, and I came across this one. I thought it needed some amending and revision, so I am reposting it. I added a little something and changed a little here and there, and now, it even has a title.

Again, this was inspired by my Encik Sedil's poem Sepi itu yang Membingitkan. Do read it [here]. I'll never do justice to the words he writes, cos my Malay will never be at par with his. But bear in mind that this is just a different take but in English, hoping to convey the same message.

By the way, my original post is [here].

In the silence
it deafens so.
A vacuum that

never ceasingly
swallows me whole
everything but
my demons that

grant me never
an interlude.
And they taunt
and they scream
and revel

In my solitude.

In the din
of this deafening city
I find in it
the solace blessed
in my notoriety,
in blending into
the the black, and grey and brown

of the dull and ignored
background.
Like a wallflower.
This blaring surrounds me.
But it is calm
in the eye of the storm.


I exist in a crowd.
Alone, I cease to be.


Love, Linzy~

P/s: As always, thank you Sayang, for being my constant inspiration.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment