Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A New Place Called Home

I'm loving my new apartment, my new room. Starting to. At first I had some issues; well, after just moving in and all, I was bound to have some dissatisfactions. But I think I did have a legitimate reason to be a little unhappy. For one, the former owner of the room did not inform me that the tap in the bathroom was not working. If she did, at least my dad could have brought in the tools and repaired it. She also didn't tell me that a weird, loud creaking sound comes from the pipes from withing the walls whenever the neighbours showered. It's so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think. Also, when I asked if the place was an all girls house, she told me it that it is. But then, I find out there's a guy living here... WTF?


I know that she didn't tell me all that cos she was afraid if I knew I wouldn't take the place. But she shouldn't have lied. About the guy thing, if my parents find out, they'll flip. I don't mind so much, but safety-wise, I don't like the idea. And I hate that the girl lied and that I cannot wear casual clothes in my own house.

Other than that, there are just the little things like, the living room is messy, the cat that one of them has stinks up the place, the fridge is filthy with leftovers from God knows when, the main wooden door cannot be locked, the walls are dirty etc... You'd think for the rent that you pay, I'd get a better place. I can live with these things really, but I am just pissed by the fact that the girl hid these facts from me, and when I text her to ask, she doesn't reply. So basically, she lied. And the fact that they don't have common courtesy to take better care at hygiene i.e. cat and fridge is really disgusting.

I mean, for one, it is not very convenient to have a cat in an apartment. A Persian, at that. A cat that is fussy and needs lots of care and attetion. The cat lives on the balcony where its kitty litter is actually an old donut box. There's no sand to mask the odour, let alone a proper place to do its business. And with the cat living there with its stink and everything, where the hell am I gonna hang my laundry? If it's your own place, then by all means, have a cat. But when you're sharing a place, have the decency to consider others. I love cats, but not in this case. Ugh, I don't wanna know what filth sticks to the cat's long fur...even worse is knowing that the cat goes all about the house. Yeesh...that's just plain irresponsible.

And the fridge...? I don't know what the heck is in there. I found this old margarine container with no cover in the fridge, and there's something in the container that has hardened. I can't even be sure if it's the margarine or something else. I don't know why they can't just toss it out? If it's all exposed and no longer edible, then buang je lah.

That's why I just stick to my room. That's what the rest of them do anyway. Except that I always see the guy sleeping in the living room...it really makes me uncomfortable. My room, despite its flaws and all, is my new sanctuary. After a long day at work, it's nice to retire to my own space where no one else can intrude upon.


I have it all arranged somehow or other. I experimented here and there; pulled the bed to one corner, and the the other; and the put the clothes rack against the wall, then in the corner... In the end I stuck to this layout--for now. Mind you, the room is much bigger than what you see in this pic. This is only one-third of the room. It's the master bedroom, after all. And I have my own bathroom. The other two thirds of the room isn't much. There's just my laptop table, shoes rack, table etc etc... The third in the picture is the homelier spot.

I have my bed which is the most important feature. I have my clothes rack where I hang all my clothes and also a pink box for my underthings. Between my bed and the rack, there's a box full of miscellaneous stuff and clothes that don't need hanging up. On top of the box are my toiletries, lotions, perfumes, tissues, hair stuff, jewellery and whatnot. On the wall is the mirror. On the other corner is my reading spot. I have a nice comfy armchair where I curl up to read books or magazines... On the floor next to the chair, are stacks of magazines, comics and books placed on top of boxes, just at arm's length for me to grab and read. Also, there is a bunch of CDs for when I take my radio with me.

So yeah, I'm living on my own now. It feels good... but I have to admit that I get very lonely. I have yet to meet my housemates, cos they are always in the room. Ayus is closeby, but in a different block. It's kinda scary to walk there come nighttime. But at least I do have Ayus; a familiar face. But still, at the end of a busy day, you just want someone to talk to or come home to, and be comforted. *Sigh* I wish you were here, Sayang. I miss you so much.

Food is also a problem with no car. But that'll be rectified soon when I get mine in the near future. And I miss my family... I miss my mom who was close to tears before they all sent me off.

Anyhow, I think I'll be ok. Once I have the time to spruce up abit and make some adjustments, it'll be even better.

Love, Lin~

6 comment(s):

ms polka sara said...

gawd, kidnap the cat and give it to better owners. chuck everything in the fridge and scrub it down. or get ur own minifridge :D

Dearests said...

Get that minibar fridge with your first pay. It'll work wonders. Dekat Jusco or Courts murah.

Kesian the cat. One of these days it's gonna jump of the balcony to end his/her misery. Old donut box???!!!

Your room cantik. Pasang extra lock if can (if haven't already), Linzy. Just to be on the safe side.

All the best.

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Yep, I was thinking of getting meself a minibar fridge.. At least I don't have to worry about getting my food all mixed up with those weird leftovers :(

The cat tuh, I dunno what to say. I wonder what they were thinking when they got it. If they really wanted it pon, they should have planned better.. Maybe thought of a litter box, a more comfy cage etc. Memang I kesian the cat...

Thanks, Anis. There's not much in the room, but that's the point. Who knows if I find a better place to stay..at least tak banyak stuff to move. And I don't have a lock, but I have an alarm on the door.. Will think of fitting a lock soon.

It'll all be better soon, insyaAllah. Thanks guys :)

Yanna said...

I hope your parents never decide to spring you a surprise visit. :/ And I agree with Anis about the extra lock - you can never be too safe.

On the other hand, your room looks really nice. Hang in there. :)

skpnaru said...

Hi Lin, it has been a while since I heard any news from you. Working now? Where? Best tak?

Yup, agreed with all the comments above. Mini bar, lock and you room look Gorgeous baby!

You have no car or license as well? hehe.. I'm still learning how to drive so trust me, I know how it feels!

Kim salam to Encik Sedil.

KEEP IN TOUCH ;-D

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Yanna: I do hope they don't.. Although it's quite likely. And even if they tell me they're coming in advance, it's not like I can ask the guy to leave a coupla hours :p It's ok, I have a backup plan.

Sri: Yeah, it's been quite a while since we caught up, kan? I'm working with WKESP (a publishing company) as a sub-editor. It's in Cyberjaya, that's where I'm living now. Oh, and I do have a licence, have had it for about 5 years+, but just that I've never driven/practiced :p How's you?

Yup guys, am asking the landlady whether I can fit a lock. But I already do have an alarm at my door.

Hehe, and thanks for the comments on my room. It's a work in progress, so I'll be sure to put up more photos when I really get everything organized. But anyhow, it's comfy and that's all that matters; the extra stuff are major bonuses.

Post a Comment