Friday, January 16, 2009

Sleeping Quirks

As I sat curled up in bed while facing the laptop, I noticed a little something about myself that never really crossed my mind to ponder upon. Eversince I was a child, I had this habit, whenever I am comfortably in a lying position with the intent of resting and/or sleeping, my right foot will softly brush up and down. Weird, I know, and I can't really explain it; but my foot, not my entire leg, will just gently glide back and forth from the ankle. And it's only my right foot that does that, my left would stay still or just flex slightly.

It's just those little quirks that you don't quite pay much heed to. I mean, you do it and the action registers somewhat in your mind, but you don't actually ponder upon it. After all, what much of a purpose does it serve?

I find them to be one of them unique oddities that a person might have. They might range from subtle to just downright strange. But it makes you you, you know? Like my mom, sister and I just have to have a blanket over us when we sleep. Even if it's hot night, a blanket is a must.

Oh, and another thing; the quirkiness about the way we sleep. Of course, one wouldn't know about them unless someone tells you about it; cos obviously you aren't awake at the time. I've been told that I talk in my sleep, or sometimes even laugh or cry. This is what Sarah told me when we were roomies back in MCIIUM. And Aaina tells me that every now and then I would snore, especially on those tired nights after alot of work.

But I think when it comes to quirkiness whilst sleeping, I'd know the most because I would be the one to sleep the latest. Being the night owl that I am, I'd be awake til at least 3am or so. So by the time I decide to doze off, others would have been long gone into their slumber.

When we (Fidzy, Sarah, Aaina and me) were roomies, I'd lie awake and listen to the various sounds coming from each compartment. Fidzy snores at times. Aaina grinds her teeth real loud. Sarah makes sounds every now and then, but I mostly remember how she must sleep with something on her forehead. Haha. And then there were my roomies from before, like Kak Ziana, Zaza and Aiman who used to talk in their sleep all the time (especially Kak Ziana and Aiman who were Law students...I guess all that studying and memorizing went to their heads). A cousin of mind who sometimes would come over had this sleeping position that quite resembles the Superman pose i.e. one arm outstretched above her head and the other at the side with one leg slightly drawn up. Too bad there weren't any digital cameras or camera phones at the time to capture them. Oh, and my cousin, Kanna, used to sleepwalk. I remember her opening my cupboard and trying to walk into it, thinking it was the bathroom.

Ah, such funny quirks. I think mine are rather minor, unless my former roommates sengaja don't want to share them crazy escapades I get myself into when I'm asleep. But otherwise, I've no complaints from anyone who have shared the same sleeping space.

So I'm a occasional snorer and sleeptalker, who has a twitch in the right foot before falling asleep. These are my sleeping quirks.

What are yours?

Love,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment