Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Furs Celery

I have been cracking my head about what I would want to get myself with my first salary. It's dumb, I know, to have it go about in my head and making it work overtime. But hey, it's my first first salary and I've never had a big sum of money for me to splurge on myself. My own money. Not money I have to rely on parents to get. To get myself something that I would otherwise not buy for reasons, such as it being too much of a firestarter that would burn more than a hole in my wallet or it is too much of a luxury to fork out cash for and many other reasons; is a dream come true. Believe me, eventhough I do spend alot on alot of this and that, I never splash my cash for just one thing. I don't ever remember buying just one thing that costs more than RM100. I'm that kedekut with myself. Not intentionally, but it's not like money grows on trees for me.

So I've been thinking what I want to get myself. I was thinking CDs at first, since I only buy one CD per year or sometimes in 2 years or more (I think the last full priced CD--eBay doesn't count--I bought was in 2006 or so) cos they're ridiculously priced. And maybe books, but saving money or not, I prefer to buy at Payless cos then I can have a variety and would not feel so guilty in forking out about RM40 for just one book that I may or may not like. Clothes also came to mind, but I buy clothes very often and I never shop at branded stores anyway, so it's not much out of the ordinary nor is it a luxury item. I also thought of quirky household items I so often ogle at in magazines, but the novelty for things like that wear off fast for me. I want something that I can look at again and again and be so proud to own.

So what else do I love that would make me giddy with pleasure at being able to own it at long last?

When in doubt, turn to the Whedon. I was browsing darkhorse.com and I saw the beautiful images of the Buffy comic covers, and I got my answer. I wanted to own every piece of BtVS comics ever made. Sure I have some loose ones here and there and (so-far) the complete set of BtVS Season 8, but I want the collection. I want them all neatly compiled in one place. So, that's it, my first salary will be spent on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus 1 (mind you, there are about 5, methinks, so far).

It's a little bit like counting the chicks before they hatch, I know, but there's no harm in dreaming, is there?

Love, Lin~

P/S: I also have to get myself BodyShop's Amorito EDT to replace my Bath & Bodyworks Tutti Dolci: Chocolate Fondue before someone bans me from buying any other perfume :p

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment