Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally

Less than an hour after I wrote the previous entry about my feeling worried that Wolters-Kluwer have not yet contacted me about my employment, they finally called. When I saw the name on the screen saying that it was Mr. Raymond, I turned to my mom who was watching tv with me, and I made an excited face which, I was quite sure, resembled a mad woman's insane glee.

I rushed to the kitchen (again. Like last time.) and picked up the call. It was Mr. Raymond and he asked me to be sure whether or not I have been informed of their wish to hire me (Oh God, yes!). Yes, abso-frickin'-lutely you have told me. Oh, so in that case, I needed to come down to their office to sign the contract and what not, and I shall begin my employment on the 2nd of February.

Woo-hoo!!!!

As soon as I hung up the phone and came out of the kitchen, I skipped my way back to the living room and sang a little tune "I'm gonna work, I'm gonna work". Yes, I know I'm crazy, no need to remind me.

But really, I just felt so gorram happy. I'm about to work in a few more weeks and I can finally feel independent again. I can finally find my focus again and feel like I have a purpose.

Now the only few things left to do is to get an apartment and move in, and figure out my transportation plan. Wow, I'm so looking forward to this. I really am. And now my mind can finally relax; and think of what lies in this very very near future:

My future as a sub-editor for Wolters-Kluwer.

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment