Sunday, January 04, 2009

Haircut

It's a brand new me... Well, not so much. But it's somewhat of a new beginning. I've graduated and now hoping to get a job soon and start this uncharted phase of my life. And I have been hairstyle-less for quite a while now, so on an impulse I thought I'd give a new look a try and see how I like it.


The wait at the hair salon was a frickin' horror. There were quite a number of people in line and insufficient number of hairdressers. What made it worse was that they insisted on catering to another family first, eventhough they came later than me, with the excuse that the family wanted this and that and so and so. I walked out...

And I went around Gaint for awhile and decided to go back again after an hour. As much as I hated to let them win over my argument, I was adamant about getting a haircut, and when it comes to getting my hair styled into a way that I would like, I only trust my hair in the hands of a Chinese. For some reason I do not trust Malays cutting my hair.

So I went back, and the wait was quite a while the second round, too; but I waited anyhow. While I did, I flipped through some hair magazines and chose a style that I thought would be something new for me to try for a change; and so I showed them the cut and sat there and let the guy get to work.

About 20 minutes or so later, this was the end result:

Sayang, you tak kisah kan my hair short a lil bit? Hehe :)

I think they did a good job. I mean, in the respect that it was well-cut, neat and worth the mere 10 bucks the haircut cost. Other places I've been would've charged at least 20 bucks for a simple haircut, let alone ask them for a less straight-forward style. I was worried at first that they'd do a cincai job since it was only RM10... But they do have quality control, and that's a relief.

So that's it, here's to a new phase of me with my new haircut.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment