Sunday, January 11, 2009

HopeHopeHope

I wanted to pen this down sooner, I just didn't get the time nor was I in the right state of mind to be able to do so;

After the interview on Friday morning, all of a sudden the weariness from the non-stop interviews and tests just came crashing down on me. The last 4 days (since Tuesday), I've only been getting in about 4-5 hours of sleep and some extra minutes on the train to wherever I'm heading. So Friday night all the way to Saturday I've been letting my head drop whenever possible. In the car, on the couch, my handbag as a pillow, hanging my head wherever...yeah, every place good enough for my head to land was my bed. Despite the fact I was out and about the whole of yesterday, I managed to squeeze in some hours of sleep here and there.

Friday marked the end of my hectic week. Like Sarah pointed out, as soon as I started getting worried and desperate for a job almost to the brink of frustration, my job applications got provoked and bit back, and I started getting calls. Most importantly, Wolters-Kluwer called, even after the bust with the recruitment agency. And they got me to sit through some editing tests, which I duly passed very well.

So Friday came, thus interview with them to read into my personality. I'd say the placidity of the two who interviewed me was just an act. A standard procedure to see how their victims withstand pressure. But it managed to throw me off my game just a little. A slight stutter here when I lost track of what I was saying, and a little muck-up of explanation there. Ah well, no-one could be super-perfect. I tried getting them to smile, I only managed a controlled stretch of lips on one, while the other kept on being nonchalant; I smiled on anyway.

They bombarded me with many questions, especially those pertaining to stress, and I cannot say for sure I gave them the answer they wanted; but I gave them what I really felt. It was as honest as I could be. I couldn't possibly tell them, "Don't worry, I'm boring and dull and like doing things that are boring and dull. It's hard to get me stressed doing things I love".

Before the interview, I gave myself a 70-30 chance of getting the job... Now it went down a little bit cos I couldn't read the body language of the interviewers. The played the stoic card pretty well. I couldn't tell whether they were pertial to my answers or not... So I'm giving myself 60-40 now, cos a) I mucked up one answer, and b) because I lost my train of thought in certain questions. But I can't say all that much... I mean, who knows? The possibility of either one happening is just as possible as the other; and as confident as I am, I might not get it as well.

We'll just see how it goes and wait patiently for their call...

Anyhow, Ayus is apartment hunting for me. We might not know the verdict yet, but most people are already very confident I'll get it, and Ayus is one of them. And she's excited at my living in Cyberjaya and had been looking for apartment rooms for me to rent. She's forwarded me some, so I hope to God I get the job so I can live on my own again--finally!

Wish me luck!

Love, Linzy~

5 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Same things happened to me in the personality interview. Exactly the same expressions. They are very professional in probing and putting people on nails.

Don't worry too much. You'll get passed as long as you followed what Mr. J reminded you (if you have met Mr. J). You will get their call soon.

Now rest well and get rejuvenated.

All the best!

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Hey, thanks. It feels great knowing someone is going through the same. Gives me someone to relate to. Haha.

Nope, I did not meet Mr. J. Only a Mr. Raymond. What did Mr. J say? Maybe cos I went for the test in the afternoon...

Ah well, all the best to you as well. I hope you get the job, too. I'm looking forward to working there :)

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome. Actually I was glad to find your blog sharing the experience too.

Mr. J is from T company. He hinted some possible situations that I might encounter with during the interview, e.g. stress management. He didn't obviously say it because that's P&C.

Same wishes to you too! If you get their reply, do remember to ask them how long it takes for the discussion of your package (if they do not mention).

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Oh, do you mean Mr. Jason Choo? I went through the recruitment company but it wasn't so helpful. So I applied to the W-K directly and got it.

Yes, I'll remember to ask them that. I've many questions for them, but it's hard to discuss over the phone.

Anyhow, all the best. Let me know if you're appointed ok?

Anonymous said...

Erm...hehe.....P & C but yes.

I agree with you.

Thanks, sweetie. Okay, you will be the first to know. And, let me know too, ok?

Crossing my fingers for both of us.

Post a Comment