Friday, January 02, 2009

Goodbye 2-0-0-8

This should have been put into writing sooner, but my state of mind didn't really allow for much thinking and typing to be done. I arrived about an hour and a half before the clock struck 12am, signalling a new year. So whatever thoughts about wringing in 2009 was the last thing on my mind. Although, I do regret not being able to be with my darling who has made 2008 so wonderful and memorable. It would have been a fitting close and beginning to have had kissed you, Sayang. While I'm not one for traditions such as that, but it would have been nice to break the cycle every now and then.

Like I said, 2008 has been all kinds of wonderful. Except for the part I had to move back to Seremban from Kulim. But otherwise, it began on a high note, with the Twisties being at the peak of our lepakness. It was a time of good friends, great adventures and good food to go along with it. Our weekly outings, class cutting, movies, dinners, karaoke sessions, lunches, breakfasts, HS Square antics etc was the highlight of the first few months. Then we got bolder with our all-nighters, Yumi+Ash+me hijacking sessions, and ghost-hunting escapades. And by April, our shenanigans winded to a surprising close with that fateful morning after an all night drive which marked a very very important day for me.

Whenever I think about the morning, I get shivers running down my spine.

Then came May and my taste of a little limelight. Me and my friend, Ayus, were featured in Female magazine and also invited on the talkshow, Venus@NTV7, for a live interview. It was fun and exhilirating, and I was surprisingly comfortable, despite my not favouring being put centrestage. And at this point, I start getting to know my darling and a side of myself that I never knew existed. It's a feeling that spun my world and would be a start of a change in me. Oh, and did I say that short sem began at this time? Also, I still remember that moment in Ayus' car with Ash, and I read the message from Fidzy saying "I'm no longer single". I swear I was catatonic for a few seconds, before Ash snatched the phone and we were both 'Oh-my-God'ing silently.

And there was that slight spell of resentment between me and my mother with her realizing that I was no longer hers alone. But after about 2 hours on the phone with her, all was right, and she started teasing me as usual about theme colours for my wedding.

June came and went with some ups and downs. I wasn't getting anywhere with my Arabic 2, and some pettiness ensued. Thus creating much unnecessary friction. It wasn't a good time, but, by then nothing could possibly bring me down for long now that I had Ash in my life.

July followed next, and so did a new semester. The last for me, I hoped then, and I had to make it memorable. Of course, it started with a bang.. With my world turning upside down and my suddenly finding myself on the other side of another fence. And the months that followed then were fueled with such thoughts of my new revelations, my mind neverstopping, making me having to choke back smiles and diffuse blushes. But it peppered my everyday life with all the more excitement.

The semester progressed on, and despite efforts to make the semester one to remember, the stress of it weighed heavy for those of us graduating. We hardly had time to ourselves, us Twisties, let alone spend time lepaking together. So that dwindled to a halt, although we did have on rare ocassions, had dinner together or so. Despite that, Ash and I tried going out once a week or once in two weeks if I was busy. If not, we were happy just seeing each other between classes and such or even during our MSL class. Nevertheless, whenever we do find our brief moments together, it always fills me with much happiness and love that cancels out any feelings of frustration and exhaustion from neverending work.

Speaking of work, like in anything else one could do, had its moment that made it all the more frustrating. With my trying to juggle everything while attempting to keep a sane mind, it hurt me alot to have my abilities questioned and doubted by people I though who'd know me better. I guess I was wrong.

But then, we had our brief getaway that made me feel all was right in the world.

In any case, with the help of my darling's voice of reason, my mom's logic, good friends who provided an ever-ready ear, I got through the semester in one piece. Exams came and went, and the next thing I know, I was moving out of UIA for good and then staying at home as an unemployed bum and gaining weight. And I was Sayang-less for 6 weeks, which drove me insane. But I finally was able to spend much needed time with my family whom I've hardly had the time to be with for 5 years.

And finally, December came. I get to see my Sayang. I get to see friends. I get to spend time in UIA, albeit frustrated at the finance dept. And then I had a wonderful birthday alongside family and my sayang, definitely the best birthday I've had in years :)

Now, 2008 has come to its end, and we are now embracing a new year... I look back on the year before and I cannot help but say that I am thankful for such a wonderful year, with Ash being the biggest part of that wonderfulness. There are no words that I can possibly use to describe it, but I've been feeling like my heart has expanded and become too big for my chest, because it is as though I cannot contain myself. So, thank you 2008, for all that it has given me.

So here's to 2009, may it be just as wonderful is not even more so.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment