Monday, January 19, 2009

In Limbo

I'm bothered. My mind is at an unease. I am in limbo.

It's been a week since W-K called me to tell me that they want to hire me. However, I have heard nothing from them as follow up as of yet. And when I call them, no one picks up. I'm starting to get worried and restless... Am I, or am I not hired?

I know that the guy who called me said that he would not be around for a week last week, so probably he just got back to his office. But he did say I could call the office for more info, and that either way, he'll call me this week to discuss matters further. I know that it's only Monday, but I'm starting to get paranoid cos he hasn't called. And when I do call to talk to them, no one picks up.

Like I mentioned in another entry, I have this paranoia that they decided not to hire me after all. I know that an established, well-known company will not do a thing like that, to jeopardize my looking for another job since I didn't get the post they offered; but I am nonetheless worried. There are many preparations that I need to get done before I start work, so I'd love to have some sort of confirmation that I am already somewhat of an employee waiting to start. Also, as they have mentioned a training program that I would have to go through, I'd like to know more so I can prepare myself for that as well; since I don't know where or when that would take place.
I know they will call me soon, I just wish it's sooner. As it is, I cannot find an apartment, and the interesting ones that Ayus has found for me, I cannot give them a definite answer on whether I want the place or not cos I don't know whether the job is actually mine. And my dad, he's in talks of getting me a car, but like I said, with no real word on whether I have the job, it's kinda hard to plan.

So, please Wolters-Kluwer, give me a call asap; or at least, pick up my phone calls. I really really am looking forward to the job. And I need to plan my next few steps. A call would do me a world of good.

Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment