Thursday, April 30, 2009

Que Sera Sera

I was worried this morning when I thought I was gonna be coming in late for work due to Juliana reaching here late from Subang Jaya. Thinking that I have four products to work on (AFB, AFPN, ASN and AFPN1), I doubt that I would have much time to luxuriously wait around. But money is money, and I am getting tired of taking cabs when I know the actual rate to get to FSBM Plaza from my place is just about R4. And I wasn't in the mood to give them cabbies double for nothing.

So I waited, and Juliana came, an we bought food, got to the office, parked and walked up. Only to find out that eCLS is out. Yes, empolis Content Lifecycle Suite, the software we use to create, comment, legislate, build etc our product content was dead in the water due to some technicalities. So bottom line, our jobs, which are built on the foundation of that bloody software, cannot be done. Without eCLS, we cannot do anything. So now we're just sitting her with nothing to do but praying hard that eCLS will come back on line. And by the way, it's not just us. It's basically WKs all over the world.

You see, even if it isn't our fault, and the problems are caused by a faulty system, we would still need to get the products done on time. We can put in a rescheduling request, but should the system be ok tomorrow, then tomorrow we will have to come. Which by the way, is a plublic holiday. That's the harsh part of being in the publishing business, I suppose. Especially when we are talking about products that involve legislation and other things that need to be constantly updated on time. We are all accountable for the products we handle, and we have to do everything in our power to get it done on time, even if it's a holiday. Even if it isn't our fault, we have to make up for it.

So, it wouldn't bother me so much if tomorrow my parents didn't have anything planned. Then, I could just stay the day and finish what needs doing. But we some things on our agenda tomorrow and it would suck if I need to stay put here. But work is work, I suppose, and I can't overrule that.

I guess I would have to see how it goes. I hope everything can be done by today so that I can go home with a clear conscience. And worse case scenario; I would stay, come early tomorrow morning, get it done and finish by midday hopefully, and meet my parents in KL. But that's just the worse case scenario, of course. Worser case, well, that would mean I have to forgo whatever plans tomorrow...

Ah well, I don't want to think of it now. We'll see, we'll see. Que sera sera.

Love,
Hazlin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment