Monday, April 13, 2009

Daydream

My mind is anywhere but at work. It is too far to catch and too distant to be called out to. But it wouldn't even want to come back, nor would it turn around if called. My mind would just turn around and find itself flying higher to where it can be anywhere but here. I am lost in a cloud of daydreams.

I feel like I am both physically and mentally at home in bed. Amongst soft pillows, sinking into the mattress, blankets warming, and arms around a bolster that is bushuk...perfect. The reality is, though, that I am sitting here, freezing and blinded by glaring fluorescent lights and monitor screen. It feels so surreal being here in this bright office, a stark contrast of where I'd rather be, It is as though this is just a dream I am having, as I doze off peacefully to the feel, the sights and the sounds of my room. I am not here.

But yes, here I am gazing into space, eyes unfocused on nothing in particular and mind stuck on replay of the weekend past. And I can't see anything else beyond that. My sights are filtered by a screen that can only see through a fog of memories that refuses to dissipate. My mind does not want to give up the fantasy of this still being a weekend of leisurely leisure; when time stands still to accommodate my blatant ignorance of time passing.

And yet, time has gone ticking by, almost unforgiving. Because I am at work, and the subject of my incessant mind-wanderings is far away again. And there won't be his familiar smile to greet me at the FSBM's lobby entrance to chase away the day's exhaustion and weariness, or his hand to hold on to for silent reassurance. Not until a long passing of days.

So I'll be here at work. And I'll return from work. And it'll be cruelly back to normal. Until the next time, Mine.

I miss you too much already.

Yours,
N.e-Q

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment