Sunday, April 19, 2009

Abnormally Attracted to Sin


Ayus tagged me for this one; and reading some others' versions got me itching to give it a go. I find it to be so much fun that I might just do it another time using songs from Jewel, maybe. But since Tori has such quirky, abstract sounding titles; she seems the best candidate for my first try. I find that the ambiguity of her words will always somehow fit into many different situations if you look close enough.

A little back story; like I mentioned on Yanna's blog, I really discovered Tori when I first watched A Sorta Fairytale's music video. That would be around 1999, if I am not mistaken. My musical tastes at that time was rapidly changing and Tori's musical stylings got me hooked to her sound. I backtracked to her older works and followed, first warily, but went into fullblown fandom or ears-with-feet-dom sometime when I was 16 or 17. By that time, Tales of a Librarian was on constant replay; and now, I am eagerly waiting her next piece of work: Abnormally Attracted to Sin.

*****************************************************************

Pick Your Artist: Tori Amos

Are you male or female: Cornflake Girl

Describe yourself: Strange Little Girl *If I could have 10 cents for every time people tell me I'm weird or strange etc., I'd be a billionaire.

How do you feel about yourself: Original Sinsuality *This is me referencing to the natural tendency of people to deviate every now and then. And myself, ain't perfect.

Describe where you currently live: On the Boundary *Well, Cyberjaya is somewhat on the border...

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Little Amsterdam

Your favorite form of transportation: Taxi Ride

Your family is: Riot Proof *As crazy and dysfunctional as they are, we never out of bounds

Your best friend is: Muhammad My Friend

Your partner is: Northern Lad *Northern lad he is, indeed

Your favorite color is: Gold Dust

What's the weather like: Spring Haze

Favorite time of day: Dark Side of the Sun *I love the night time

If your life was a tv show/movie/book, what would it be called: Girl Disappearing

What is life to you: A Sorta Fairytale *Life is not always perfect, but a wonder nonetheless

What is the best advice you have to give: The Power of Orange Knickers

If you could change your name, what would it be: Talula

Your favorite food is: Snow Cherries from France

Thought for the Day: Pretty Good Year *I had our anniversary on my mind

How I would like to die: Happy Phantom

My soul's present condition: Playboy Mommy

My motto: The Big Picture

*****************************************************************
Love,
Hazlin

2 comment(s):

Yanna said...

These kind of activities are fun. Will try this on my own blog. Is the title for the entry meant to be the latest album by the band of your choice? Or just any album?

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Heya Yanna,

Nah, the title is anything you wanna put, really. I assume so since there was no instructions to choose an album title as a title, or any particular title for that matter. So go ahead and put in a title as you please.

And yes, I love activities like these. I'm about to read yours right now :)

Post a Comment