Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lateness

On last weekend's Saturday, I woke up with a start at around 8.30am thinking I was late for work and panicking like crazy, my heart in my mouth.

Today, I woke up at 8.13am realizing that I was late for work and that Juliana was probably waiting for me at her car wondering where the hell I am.

Yes, it was one of those mornings.

It finally happened now, as an employee. I recall those kinda mornings when I was an undergraduate, but it has yet to happen as a sub-editor. But yeah, it's happened. But unlike my days as a student; I don't have the luxury of just rolling over, taking hold of my bantal and just snooze for the rest of the morning. Nope, I had to drag my lazy ass outta bed and get ready on the double. For sure I would be at least half an hour late.

The unusual thing is, though, that of all days, I found that today I suddenly feel semangat to put on more make up than my usual routine of powder+eyeliner+gloss. So today I had an additional step added, and took the time to put on eye shadow and a smudge of lipstick. Heck, I even parted my hair differently today. But trust me, I'm not throwing habit.

Anyway, as soon as I was done, which was around 8.45am, I called the cab place to get them to send me cab. After grabbing my lunch from the fridge, I got walking to the front of the block to wait for my cab. But time passed, and by 9am, it still wasn't there. I was already late as it is, so I called the cab place again. And after enquiring and them checking, they said "I" already took the cab.

:P

Well, obviously "I" am still here, otherwise "I" wouldn't be calling, would "I"?

*Sigh* So I waited while they sent me another cab, and by the time it came and I arrived at the office, it was about 9.10am. Argh, about 40 minutes late. It's a good thing I don't go out f0r lunch anymore, so I can cover those 40 minutes while I chow down on my weird pasta fusion; which by the way was cooked like this: fettucine fried in olive oil with garlic, asparagus and lettuce; then drizzled with chilli flakes (courtesy of Dominos Pizza) and pepper, and lastly had two spoonfuls of feta cheese mixed in. And in bit, during lunch, I'll sprinkle some of the powder mix from that Vono soup. Yes, I probably will get a sakit perut as it plays merry hell with my tummy, but heh, I think I can take it.

Anyway, I have to get my product, AFB (Australian Fringe Benefits Tax Guide for Employers), done by today. I hope my day doesn't keep on going South.

Later,
Hazlin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment