Monday, December 01, 2008

Malacca or Bust

Malacca was a bust. It wasn't a wonder why we got them free night's stay. The hotel was pretty much run down, with termites eating into most of the woodwork (the second floor had to be closed off cos the wooden railings have been gnawed through), the sheets' cleanliness was questionable and the blankets were thin. And the room was rather tiny, too. My dad said, 'Jom balik', as soon as we got in, thinking we just might as well stay at home. But as my Sayang pointed out, it was still something. Some people would not even have a chance to stay in a hotel; and I agree, cos, well, at least I still have the luxury to compare.

We didn't really do much in Malacca either. Since it is the school holidays and it was a weekend at that, there were many people and their kiddies out and about having a good time; so the roads were jammed, parking lots full and the shopping malls and restaurants were filled to the brim. So we just had a simple dinner at a warung and got back to the room.

I had trouble sleeping that night, as per usual. New place+air conditioning is never a good sleeping companion so I got up several times that night to breathe. I finally got tired enough to doze off around 6am and slept til 8am or so, and then I got up to go for the complimentary brekkie with my mom. Of course, with the hotel being run down, you couldn't possibly expect much from the spread. There were some dry bread with butter and jam, kuey tiaw, roti canai and some sausages. I mean, it was ok, but taste wise left much to be desired... Oh well.

We left right after breakfast. There wasn't much to stick around for, so it was best to just go home. Anyway, Seremban is not that far, so driving back and forth wasn't much of a problem. After buying some McDonald's breakfast, and also two of them Madagascar 2 headbands with ears, we went home; with me wearing Gloria's ears all the way back.

It was just a relief to get back home. It was just home sweet home.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment