Wednesday, December 10, 2008

haikami67

Watching a Sapling Grow

This is one of the many artworks my sister has produced within the year. It's nothing great, but for her to meticulously and patiently draw this using 'Paint' and without a mouse, but a touchpad; it is quite a feat to me.

Some people out there are bound to scoff and say something like "So what?", or "It's no big deal", or even possibly say "My sister can do way better than that/My sister could do something like that when she was way younger"; and well, you're just insensitive lowlifes so just back off before I give you a good kicking.

My 11 year old sister is the artist of the family. I am the Linguist and the Literature enthusiast. My brother the facts and history lover. And my sister just lives and breathe art. She's not the best, but she's a quick learner, has an eye for detail, willing to learn, very determined and not afraid to take risks. When at home, you can always catch her drawing or colouring or painting... She just loves expressing herself that way.

Lately, I've been encouraging her to submit her art pieces to deviantART.com. I thought it'd be a good way for her to share her art and receive feedback, either comments that will encourage her further, or suggestions that will help her improve. And on top of that, it will help her share art with people with the same interest as her. I think that it'd be a great way for her to interact by way of doing something that she loves.

So, to anyone who's reading who has a deviantART.com account, I'd appreciate it lots if you could drop by her page and give her some feedback. It'll really make her day and encourage her to cultivate her hobby to become something bigger. Maybe in time it'd give her the motivation to become great artist. Well, as her big sister, I can dream. She's eager to read what people think of her drawings, so do say hey to her if you have an account there on the DA site. No need to mention me, of course; just give her a reason to keep on drawing :)

Thanks!

Visit Haida Aminudin's deviantART page at http://haikami67.deviantart.com

A Proud Sister, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment