Friday, December 19, 2008

Crossroads

Just some thoughts that have been clouding my mind:

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I need to get out of here. This house, this town. I love my family, and I cannot bear being apart from them for too long. I love my conversations with my mother. I have responsibilities towards my siblings and need to oversee alot of things in their growing up. I may not be close to my father and we don't talk much, but I know that in some ways, he needs me around.

And yet, that doesn't deny the fact that I need to be away from this place very soon. I have never liked living in Seremban. Heck, even as a kid, coming to Seremban filled me with much dread. It didn't matter to me that this is where my dad was born and raised, I just cannot stand this place. When we first moved here in 2003, I refused to come here. Even if I was here, I made my resentment known. I never acknowledged this place as bein my home, just that this is where my family is and thus, where I should be, not where I want to be.

And as much as I want to lazily be here and make up for much lost time with my family, I also feel a strong urge to up and get myself a job. Having spent so much time on campus and hardly any time with my family, I've lost so much in between. Now that I've returned home for real from a very long 5 years, I can see what I've been missing out, and I wish I had the time to sit ack and really appreciated the time before.

But I still find myself wanting to leave now. Get a job, get a place and start figuring life on my own. I guess it's true about what I read in an article in Reader's Digest, it goes something like "The closer you are to your mother the stronger the need to break free". But I wouldn't call it breaking free, it's more like, taking all those things she taught me into the world to see how I fare. To test her wisdom against the world and build my own wings to see if they take off, after being under hers for so long.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking for ways to reconcile both. I want to stay but I want to go. I want to stay because I want to be with my family and make up for all those times I've been absent and not miss another important moment. But I want to go and leave this place I feel to estranged in and find my place by myself...

So I'm torn. And my mind is in a dilemma, at a crossroads that I cannot merge into one. Whichever way I go eventually, I'll never totally win, so... Well, we'll see where life takes me.

Love, Lin~

7 comment(s):

sisterofheaven said...

hurm...
decisions, decisions..

meh sini lahh! cari keje around puchong then we live together wackily.. hahaha!

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Hahaha! Boleh jugak kan? If I get a job in that area, nanti I contact you.

But Bella, you have no idea how crazy I am, so better not tempt fate. lol

sisterofheaven said...

LOL!

trust me, babe..
'crazy' i can handle ;)

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Just so you know, Bella.
I'm straight.
Hahahahaha

sisterofheaven said...

hahahaha!
jahat!

like a gentleman,
i won't do things you
do not wish for me to do :P

hahahahahah!!!!

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Hahaha, oooh..gentleman rupenye you nih. Hahahahaha! Thanks for the warning, Bella.

But be assured, that if anything needs doing, you don't have to susah-susahkan yourself to help me. I can help myself ;)

sisterofheaven said...

ouh yes yes..
please do so.. :)

i love watching..
ahahaha!!!


fuck it la ayin..
hahaha~! lawak dowh playing
with all these lesbian jokes..!

:P

Post a Comment