Sunday, December 21, 2008

Abandon


Your voice a mixture

of gravel and sand

underwater

Lacerates my skin

with muffled words

whispered

Spoken carelessly

from lips come tumbling

endlessly

Trailing pathways

painted with heated

litanies*

I am caged within

these snakelike sheets

intertwined

Supplicant I lie

as you persuade me to

abandon.

(c) Hazlin Aminudin, 2008

* A derivation from the Old Greek 'litaneia' , meaning 'entreaty'

Some rhythmic cluster of words that sprang from watching the video Aizome and some pent up emotions that's spilling from the brim. Reading an opinion on Youtube (I quote "I LOVE her voice...it's like a mix between water and wind..."), it supplied me with an odd combination of adjectives which I adopted to create the first three lines. From that few lines it substantiated into a translation of an internalized voice. I think it made for an unlikely, but satisfactory marriage of words.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment