Thursday, December 04, 2008

Origins ep.1

I was just reclining in bed and just thinking to myself and I had a sudden thought of the things in my history that have shaped the present. I keep saying that I never regret whatever that has happened before, because the person I am now is a result of my past. I then thought that it would be important to record somehow, these histories of mine; especially those minor, mundane details that I might overlook remembering. Maybe one day I'd need to explain to my kids something, and I wouldn't remember its origins...

So here goes, a brief explanation of certain things about me. I suppose I'll be updating the list from time to time, and this list will be evergrowing--I hope. I do tend to be forgetful. Hence, let's begin:

1. Yes, technically, I am Kelantanese. Check my i/c, it has '03' in the middle. But I don't speak the dialect well but understand it because I never lived there. Well, unless you count the first three years of my life, where I was under my (maternal) grandma's care. So, yes, that explains my understanding of the dialect but having a non-verbal manifestation.

2. I grew up speaking English first and foremost, since my parents thought it important for me to know the universal language (my dad somewhat disagreed, though) to broaden my horizons. Turns out, I not only can speak it, but fell in love with it. That's why English is like a native language to me while Malay is like a second.

3. I grew up in a very protective family, particularly my dad, that's why I don't go out much and can actually be contented with that. I love being at home and don't need to go out to have fun. And, I respect my parents alot and thus I know when I should be back, and whatnot. So I resent it when people make fun of me saying I'm boring or am an anak manja and am so scared to leave the house and be separated from my family. I'm very much independent, thank you very much; and I should not be judged by *your* standards.

4. I do not know how to ride a bike because, first of all, I never progressed from trainer wheels, especially since no-one really kept tabs. Also my sense of balance on a bike is non-existent. And then I fell way too many times, one time actually getting my entire leg jammed between the pedal and through the chain. Not to mention having the bike fall on me. I pretty much shied away from then and didn't bother anymore. Besides, with history #3, I'd probably only be circling the porch.

5. I have two sets of parents. No, my parents did not get divorced and remarried, it's just that I was brought up by my parents as well as my aunt (my mother's older sister) and my uncle. We all lived together in Shah Alam, and after a while I called my second set of parents Mum and Dad, as it would seem appropriate. Therefore, eventhough we live separately now, my obligations to them is as though they're my own parents, and I love them dearly.

6. Many wonder why the age gap between my siblings is so wide. Well let me build a bridge over that chasm; my mother had some problems which caused her to be in extreme pain during that time of the month. After the operation, she was told the possibility of having kids is practically nil. But Alhamdulillah, God is Great, and she managed to have two more children some time after. Hence that gap of 10 and 12 years between me and my brother and sister.

Well, that's all I can think of now. I'll surely post more when I think of them.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment