Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya

Or Happy Eid, if you wanna call it that.

Ramadhan is coming to a close and Raya/Eid is just around the corner. Just another day away, in fact. And as usual, my family and I will be making our pilgrimage back to my mother's hometown in Kota Bharu, Kelantan for the holidays.

I'm looking forward to Raya, I really am. Despite all these whines I hear about how it's become commercialized, how it has lost its sense of unity among people, so pretentious and fake bladiblahdiblahblahblah; I look forward to it. It's tiring and time consuming, but I love it.

I don't get to see my relatives in KB very often because my dad has to work, and my siblings' got school and my holidays never mesh. So this one time in a year, I get to go back and see them in all this uplifting Raya mood; a feeling that seems to dull all problems into the background. It is a few days of celebration and happiness. What more can you ask for?

I get to visit my grandma and see how she's doing. I can talk to my aunts and uncles about what I'm doing and what I wanna do and they get to interrogate me about my future plans ie. work and marriage. I get to catch up with my cousins and impart a little knowledge, since I am supposedly the one to look up to. I get to visit a place which is very much a part of myself. And I get more reminders why it's good to be alive.

I guess sometimes we forget about the good things in life; all the little things you've got that makes it worth it. You focus on one thing and you often forget about the others. I am guilty of that sometimes, and I wish to make amends with people and myself and appreciate them more.

So early tomorrow morning, probably after sahur and Subuh prayers, my family and I would make the long trip to Kelantan. On any other day traffic would be perfectly fine and we could get there under 8 hours or so. But as it is every holiday season, getting there would be more than just an Olympian feat. I redefines patience and has the capability of wiping out all the points you accumulated during Ramadhan, due to excessive cursing :p.

But it's worth it once you get there.

So, Selamat Hari Raya to all. Whether or not you celebrate it doesn't really matter. Every day can be celebrated and praised, it's just that this Raya, with the food and family and friends, it's all the more special. And maaf zahir and batin, forgive me for any of my misgivings.

Have a safe trip to those who are travelling. And do pray for my safe journey as well. I'll come back with lotsa pictures, I promise. Take care and jangan main merchun...

Love you all. See you after Raya, insyaAllah.

Love, Lin~

P/s: I miss you, sayang.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment