Monday, May 11, 2009

Smashed

When I arrived at my front door of my Cyberjaya home last night, there was a pile of broken glass scattered all over the porch. It striked me rather odd, since it did not look as though it was accidental. It seemed to me as though someone intentionally smashed a bottle against the grill of my front door... But why?

My first instinct was to tell me parents and Ash about it, but I didn't wanna my parents any unnecessary distress and worry, and I forgot to tell Ash altogether because I was half asleep by the time I called him. But anyhow...

Why would somebody take a bottle and smash it all over the entrance to my apartment? Was it done in a drunken state or in rage and my door was the one the person just happened to come up against and so became a victim of the person's unpredictability? Or was there some malicious intent in the person doing so? And even so, did they get the right house? I mean, just the other side is a unit with same house number only that it has a letter 'A' at the end (which Ash, too, mistook for mine :p). It really is odd to me.

The bottle, upon closer inspection, looked a little bit like a Livita bottle; but also not quite. It could also pass for a medicine bottle; but then I can't really tell from it having been broken into pieces and all. But anyhow, it smelled sickly sweet and was all sticky on the floor, with shards of glass dangerously littering the ground.

Could it have fallen from the upper floors or thrown even? It's possible, looking at how many of the occupants just love throwing all manner of things, even dangerous breakable things, from the top floor not caring about the people down below who might just get hurt. But then, it doesn't look like it felt. The position of the bottle and the way it is broken seems like a close range smashing...

Maybe my having to move is timely. I don't wanna be in an apartment that *might* be a target for something. Now, if I could just find an apartment to move into...

Love,
Hazlin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment