Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shopping Spree

It started with Juliana turning to me in the lift as we were leaving the office and asking "You nak balik cepat ke?", and I told her there was nothing I was rushing to, cos it was not like I had anything in particular to do at home. Other than a bunch of laundry, there is nothing that needs my immediate attention. So she pointed to her wrist, where her watch was loosely hanging. She wanted to go to Seri Kembangan, to the Taman Equine Jusco to get her watch to fit better. I asked her why not we go to Alamanda, Putrajaya; since it was closer? She said she had these coupons for Jusco which will expire this weekend, so she wanted to use them. But then, she forgot them, so she had to go pick them up at home first.

So after that, off we went to Jusco. We were talking about lingerie sets all the way in the car, and I mentioned that Jusco has nice sets that I usually get. So we thought with the coupons in hand, we probably could get more for less, since I too, have been wanting a few. And I also said that I wanted to get meself some versatile pair of heels that I can pair with anything; and also perhaps I should get a handbag for my Mum's (my aunt, for those who do not know) belated birthday present. Yes, going to Jusco proved to be potential trouble.

So we got there, and yes, it was trouble indeed. I first zeroed in on the heels that I wanted in red...and I got those. But after second thoughts, I'll be giving it to my mother since she likes the bronze ones I've already got and she loves red. Then I browsed through the clothing section...and as much I would have loved to buy many clothes, but for the same price, I could get dresses online, so I should best be keeping that cash for my online splurges. Besides, I already am waiting for my dress from House of Allure, so I shouldn't be getting any more clothes for the moment. Although I did end up picking up a cropped denim jacket :P Only after having my fill of eye candy in the shape of clothes, I went to the lingerie section and picked up four sets. Yes, 4 sets. They were all so pretty... But I later managed to get myself to pick only 2...sigh. I was contemplating tha handbags for Mum, but found none that were nice, so decided to browse shoes again instead. I found that Cleef shoes were going for RM10 each, and with the coupons, they were only RM8... so I got myself two pairs. Yup, and the original intention was just to go adjust the watch strap :P

It didn't help that Juliana wanted to stop by the Vintage dress shop on the way back... Thankfully I started at a different rack first and didn't find anything that I fancied. Otherwise, I woulda picked the same one that Juliana picked and ended up with alot. I took one black one on an impulse, cos I didn't have anything that I liked, but wanted one anyway...and cos I did want a black dress. It turned out to be super nice... no regrets at all.

So I went back with my hands full. I fell asleep happy at having so many stuff :)

The funny thing is that I was never the shopper. I've always had very little allowance and I was very calculative with what I bought. Bajus, yes, cos I am a clothes addict. But even then, I never did buy much. And if I did, they were the uber non-expensive ones cos I a) like to buy new ones all the time, b) didn't see the point in paying so much, and c) preferred the non-branded ones. And for stuff like shoes and bags, it was only rarely that I buy them...

So to turn to this crazed shopper, albeit with inexpensive buys, is quite a wonder for me. What have I transformed into? I find it funny how fast a person can change. Half a year ago I was dependent on what my parents gave me, and I could hardly ever spend. But now, I feel liberated...and I think that is what that is triggering my sudden urge to fulfill the need to spend. But not to fret, I am not the type of person who'd not eat or cut corners just to be able to shop. I have savings put aside. And I pay all my bills on time. And I have money for food allocated. It's just that the extra cash I have to use to my liking dwindled faster comparatively to other months, and I used substantially more...

Ah well, I hope for better care this coming paycheck as I have to pay for many things now. Sigh, I should go on a clothes diet :p

Love,
Hazlin

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment