Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Angered

I am very very hard to anger. And in the event that I do get pissed off, then it must be something big. And one of them is betraying my trust. And the betrayal of that trust sits high up there at my boiling point anger scale.

I was super-pissed at my housemate today. Fuming. If it wasn't for the fact that I've known her for many years and that I know her family very well, I would have said more. But I didn't. Because, well, I hate getting angry. And I hate yelling. And I hate yelling at people.

I was at work, busy juggling my seven products when I got a text message from my housemate. The text began with an apology, and an explanation on how she had used the master key to open my room to use the bathroom. I was still okay at that point. And then I read on. She said her sister's apartment had no water. And so she opened up my room for all her sister's housemates to use my bathroom. I was so angry I had to stop and close my eyes and take a deep breath. I felt like throwing my phone in anger.

Seriously, what the f*ck?

You open up my room and let strangers in? I may know her, and I know her sister, and even then, I would still be angry if it was only them who used my bathroom. And she didn't even have the decency to call me first and ask my permission. She said they were late for class and had no choice. Screw that. A simple phone call or text message would have done a world of difference.

This is the thing, woman. Opening up my room without my prior notice and my permission, is the same as you breaking and entering into a person's house. I don't care if I know you, and I don't care that you hold the master key; but unless it was a life or death emergency, you have no right to open my room. Let alone let strangers in. They came into my room, had the freedom to see and touch my things and steal if they want to. They came into my personal space. My privacy. My home. You have no f*cking right to it. I pay my rent, and I pay the bills and therefore it is mine. I say what can or cannot be done to it, inside it, or near it.

They came into my home and God knows did what. As far as I am concerned, you and they fall under the same category as burglars. Yes, I sympathized that they had no water, it happened to me too; but that still warrants no right for you to take out your master key and give them free reign to my room. No f*cking way.

If you asked, I would have still been reluctant, but at least you bothered to ask. But you didn't. And it didn't matter that you apologized after, it doesn't change the fact. You aided in the intrusion; and if this was a case real criminal case, I wouldn't hesitate to press charges against you as well. Too bad, woman. I really do like you, with the laughs and conversations we have. But my respect for you has dipped and my trust in you is nowhere in trustville.

I'm so glad you're moving out soon. Because I don't want to go to work fearing that you will decide to let everyone in next time in case they needed a place to sleep, or shower, or comb their hair. I won't have to worry about you deciding that you should open the door yourself cos I was sleeping and didn't answer when you knock. So please, nice as you are, you have been crossed off my trust list, so I'll be glad to see you go.

And the worse thing is? My curse is that I can never get mad at a person, so it's likely that these words, or the jist of them, will never meet air and get thrown in her face, cos I am just too nice. And sometimes I hate that.

Angered,
Hazlin

4 comment(s):

Byn Emms said...

hey hazlin,

i know i'm not really a friend of yours though i do read ur blog.. so as to comment on ur latest entry, here goes..

imo, 1 of the things that we need to learn as an adult is to know when n how to show/convey anger. because sometimes the world just loves to mistake kindness to being willed to be stepped upon.

i m not trying to tell u what to do here, but if u tried standing up for urself sometimes, it will be great. the 1st time is always the hardest.

i'm not saying that u should go about yelling when u get angry. just essentially because it is not necessary to yell to let people know that they have caused some level of resentment.

give it some thinking. i think u will know how to handle it well considering your intelligence (from my own observance of your writing, at least).

cheers!

azha said...

I know you're such a nice person Hazlin. But don't be too nice too people coz at the end of the day they will step on your head.

I think a face-to-face dialogue would be the best peace-making solution. If it doesn't work, just give them a slap in the face.

I too couldn't resist such a category of earthling who doesn't respect our privacy.

Hazlin Aminudin said...

Hi guys, thanks for leaving your thoughts and ideas; it did help alot in my handling the situation, and calming down.

R.S.G.A:
I appreciate the opinion very much. I do find it difficult in conveying anger, either because I do not know how to put it in words, or have mellowed down some by the time I've made up my mind to say something :P

But I agree that standing up for one's self is very much needed in such situations.

By the way, I do occasionally read your blog, too.

Azha:
Thanks. I appreciate the compliment :) But yeah, I suppose I do need to know when to draw the line.

The resolution was:
I did talk to her, although I didn't say all that I wanted to, but I did convey the gist of it all. She was very sorry, and I accepted the apology. I know she was sorry. But I just couldn't help feeling betrayed. But whatever it is, I am glad I got some stuff off of my chest, and she understands how I feel.

Thanks, all, for the support :)

Idz said...

Let out the Rage!!!
is this person, perchance, a certain relative of mine? If so, then go ahead and let 'em have one! It'll make an interesting conversation piece when I return. :)

Post a Comment