Monday, May 18, 2009

Cruisin'

Surprise, surprise.

I, for the first time in the history of Hazlin, drove to work. And yes, alone. I did it all by my lonesome; and I didn't even have to push off at 7am to get there at 8am like Ash said :p

Alhamdulillah, I arrived safely without any incident or fuss. And I hope it stays that way now and always. Yay! I'm so proud of meself.

Maybe it's no big deal to another person, but I last drove many many years ago. Starting to drive again these past months was pretty much like starting from scratch. I had to really brush up on everything, which to be honest, seemed to be like nothing; meaning that, it's not I had anything to brush to begin with. And I haven't been on big roads...so this morning I pretty much felt nervous as I was about to turn the corner into the main road.

I couldn't even sleep last night. I was tossing and turning and worrying about driving today. All kinds of worry sped through my mind. And I kept getting up in the middle of the night to check on the car. I, after all, am my father's daughter, and I'll get worried and paranoid about everything. A little bit OCD, I suppose. Even this morning, after parking the car and all, I checked the car several times to make sure it is all locked up. And even as I am typing this, I glimpse out the window ever so often to make sure the car is still there. It might just be for the moment, or it could be a lifelong thing like my father :p

Speaking of my father, I hope my parents won't worry too much. I don't want them to not be able to sleep at night and worry 24/7 about my driving on my own. I know they worry cos they love me, but I don't want them to stress themselves out doing so. I should be ok...

But anyhow, my first experience of driving independently went good. All I could pray for is that this continues to be so til forever. And that I do not run in with reckless drivers.

Now, InsyaAllah my driving back would be just as smooth.

Love,
Hazlin

1 comment(s):

Humaira Bt. Raslie said...

Driving independently might be quite a novelty the first few months, but after that, you will might want to hire a driver because of all the traffic jams and stuff. hehehe.

Post a Comment