Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"That's the same word three times"

I am going for my first interview tomorrow. It'll be at Wisma UOA, KL at 1.30pm with the recruiters, who are looking for editors for a publishing company. And if all goes well with the interview tomorrow, I will then proceed to the next level and meet with my actual potential employers. They are a Netherlands company which is based in Cyberjaya, and need editors to edit/proofread etc. their publications.

Out of all the vacancies that I have looked through on Jobstreet.com, this is one that stands out and is really calling to me. I feel like it is really something that I can do, something I'd love to do. There are other tempting jobs, of course, like being an English Literature lecturer at HELP or Taylor's; and I am looking forward to getting a call from them, but working as an editor seems to be something I'd love to do at the moment. Academia I would maybe keep for the future.

So right now, I'm gearing myself up for the interview. My main concern is about what to wear tomorrow. I had to go out shopping with my mother today to get a bunch of stuff, cos me, the person that I am, don't wear any other type of pants other than jeans and own only a coupla shirts. So I had to get meself some slacks and some proper shirts. So I went to Jusco Seremban, and got what I needed.

But of course, in true Linzy fashion, when I got back, I found out that I somehow managed to pick the wrong pair of pants....wait, wait, both pants that I picked out were the wrong ones. I was like "WTF?!". But Jusco is too far to go to again, so I'm just gonna wear the one that is the wrong size (one size too big) but wearable. The other one I definitely have to change because eventhough it is the right size, but the cut on me is horrific. It bulges and stretches unflatteringly and I am not compfortable in it at all. So, nope. Meaning that I would have to go to Jusco again within three days to change them pants.

Other than that, all I that's left to do is to think of how I'm gonna be presenting myself tomorrow. I'm psyching myself right now, getting myself into the correct state of mind, and correct state of being. That's how I usually prepare myself for these things. It's about adapting myself to the surroundings and atmosphere.... Once I get into the right frame of mind, I guess I'm set.

So, it's best I get off to sleep now. Plus, my Sayang has already given me a good pep talk to calm my nerves, and I've promised him I'd sleep by 2am. Thus, I better get into bed now. Well, not into bed since I'm already on the bed. Just have to tuck meself in and get some shuteye.

So, goodnight. Will tell you all about it after. Toodles~

Love, Lin~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment