Saturday, November 22, 2008

Frills and Lace

When I was much younger, around the age of 13 or so, I always wondered why my cousin made a beeline to the lingerie section whenever we went shopping. Then we got home (we lived together cos she was studying in UiTM Shah Alam as that time and she's like a sister to me), she would excitedly rush to the room to try them on. It always left me puzzled.
The way I figured it, no matter how pretty they are, you're only gonna be wearing them underneath your clothes. And rather than spending on lingerie, she might as well use the cash to buy herself nice tops.

Of course, that was a decade ago, and times have changed. For one, for a person who used to hate clothes because I hated having to try them on and feel that itchy new-clothes sensation, or go to the changing room etc.; I am now obsessed with clothes and cannot resist the temptation of looking, trying and buying clothes. And this obsession with clothes was coupled with also the insane love for lingerie.


Clothes aside, it being already a well-known vice of mine; lingerie is just...thrilling. I love looking at the different colours and designs, the materials and textures, the lace and the ribbons. They're all such pretty and frilly wearable colourful kaleidoscopes. The feeling of putting on something nice makes you feel good about yourself, makes you feel like you can get out there and just strut your stuff regardless of what people think. It doesn't matter if people don't get to see you in it, but the knowledge that you have on something sexy and beautiful just puts that extra sway in your walk. But then, if you have a specific audience, I guess it wouldn't hurt. *grin*

I love lingerie. So much so that's it's a sin. I love flowery bras with lace that just wraps around your body intimately and feels so good. Or the satin like feel of t-shirt bras that fits snug against you like a second skin. Don't let me get started on underwear...

For me, like clothes, I've no patience to get meself expensive brands that I'll splurge on once in a blue moon and would not buy again for the next few. Nope. I am content with going to supermarkets and going through their range of lingerie for a much cheaper and affordable price. For the price I'd have to pay at a lingerie exclusive shop, I could get several pieces of lingerie and not just one. It's more fun that way, coming home with a whole load of pretty frills to put on.

Oh, and I can't stand those people who look down their noses at us people who prefer to purchase their underthings at hypermarts and all. I've had the occasional expensive lingerie buys, and I also have the affordable buys, and I can tell you there's not much of a difference. They're all fragile and need special care when washing and handling, and either way, will still get worn out with wear (or tear, if it gets hastily ripped off of you...hehe). Lingerie is lingerie is lingerie. It's how you wear it, not where you bought it.

Oh, lingerie, such an indulgence. If there's one thing you could put on to feel, well, all woman-like and sexy, it's the intimacy between you and your bras and panties. Hehe :D

So here's to being a woman and being proud of it.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment