Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Disappointments...and that's Guinevere???

The days have passed by with heavy rain pouring without mercy. But me without many classes to attend to actually make me a victim of these showers can only watch others brave the rain and sit in my gloomy room. But then again it provides comfort. Besides the cool breeziness of the falling rain, it has a calming effect that just makes me relaxed.

Right now I’m in my room in front of the computer writing the blog entry you are currently reading. It’s good to have this computer in the room so I don’t have to go through the trouble of having to type an entry in the cafĂ© while others look on. I hate it when people look over my shoulder to read what I am writing. Never mind the fact that in the end it’ll be put on show for all to read. Here I can write in comfort with my SpongeBob pajama bottoms and a tank top; no need for tudung or uncomfortable, cramped seats. I only wish there was a phone line to make my life so much easier; no need to go to the stupid CC.

I was reading an article about the making of King Arthur and an interview with Keira Knightley and I just felt so angry. I mean, me being such a fan of Arthurian legends and stuff can’t stand to watch the murder of that legend. Have you seen it or caught a glimpse of it? Look at Guinevere! She’s supposed to be Lady Guinevere, with pristine long dresses and braided hair. Instead, they portray her as someone like Xena, Warrior Princess in all her midriff baring glory and pierced navel to boot. WTF? Even Arthur is so out. He’s supposed to be much older; no, not that old like Sean Connery old like in First Knight , but someone older. Ugh, and worse of all is the guy who plays Sir Lancelot. Lancelot is supposed to be the super suave dude who manages to sweep Guinevere off her feet and yada yada yada…. In his place they get some sinister looking guy who is better off a villain than as the noble Lancelot. Sigh… and to think I was actually looking forward to this movie. They have massacred the entire legend. I thought that this would finally be the ultimate Arthurian movie but instead, they have decided to alter the movie to their own liking. Yup, I’m pissed. I think I’ll just get a bloody pirated VCD and watch it on this computer and not waste my money going to the cinema and let them make money out of it. Bloody Hell….

Well, really, besides me ranting on and on about the stupid King Arthur movie, there’s not much more I want to say. So, I’ll just leave you now with a favourite song of mine about Guinevere and Lancelot by Edwin McCain from their album Honour Among Thieves:

Guinevere” by Edwin McCain on Honour Among Thieves

After all the corridors are darkened
When the royal crown is off your head
To your chambers I will creep
Not a word we will speak
Just love me while the firelight dances round the bed


Well there is danger in this passion
Because the king can never ever know
And on my blood I’ve sworn my allegiance
So I’ll leave you when the sunlight comes and beckons me to go

And the silver shine is tarnished from my armour
And in battle I am paralyzed with fear
And this poison in my soul is the love we’ll never know
And it finds me playing Lancelot to your Guinevere

Well and Guinevere is sly enough to steal a little taste

And her laughter it peals into the night
Oh but forbidden fruit always stays sticky on your face
And without virtue I’m worthless in a fight

Stealing little glances at the table
I feel that this is theatre in the round
But faraway chasing vixens in the meadow
Your love like wind blows right by and sweeps me off the ground
Your love sweeps me off the ground
Well now it sweeps me off the ground

And the silver shine is tarnished from my armour
And in battle I am paralyzed with fear
And this poison in my soul is the love we’ll never know
And it finds me playing Lancelot to your Guinevere.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment