Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off Center

It's only Wednesday and I feel so drained. Like, really. There's so many things to do but I haven't gotten started on any of it. It feels like my body is walking ahead of my mind. Or my mind is ahead of my actions. Whichever one it is, I'm out of sync. There's alot of catching up needed.

I need to find a sort of balance right now. Because it feels like I just can't focus on the tasks at hand. I have a lot of work which needs doing, group discussions and 5 days-a-week classes that hardly afford me some rest time. I just need a little getaway to find my center. Some time to think and organize my thoughts into neat little folders so I can actually function in class; so that I won't have my brain struggling to roll down the Nusaibah Steps while my body is already in class.

I guess this is the disease that eats you up within; the thing I would name "Pre-graduation syndrome".

My mind is not on campus anymore. Don't get me wrong. I love classes. I love discussions. I love assignments. I just basically love the college life. But the anticipation of something new and much bigger; the bigger picture of life, I'd say; is stealing the thunder of my last semester. My mind is constantly wondering what my life would be like leaving the familiarity of my room in Nusaibah, the IRKHS building, the classes, the Square, the HS cafe (I still have that fantasy to fulfill, by the way), the library and the whole thing. Who'd I meet once I'm separated from my Twisties? How often would I see my sayang when he's still on campus and me at home or working or whatever?

All of this is constantly at the back of my mind, drumming a steady but annoying beat. And it wanting to contend with everything else in my head (i.e. classes and work etc) is making my mind a little too jumbled than I like.

I need to find my center.

I need to find Ning Jing.

Again, I ask, can we have a little getaway?

Love, LinZy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment