Monday, June 22, 2009

Anywhere but Here 2

The past few days have been very demotivating for me; so many things have been clouding my mind that I've been very detached, very distant from everything around me. I haven't had the strength to goof and joke and couldn't find the funny in anything. I need a break.

Times like these, the best remedy is not sit in the office wrapped up in jackets with nothing to do. Nah, this sorta feeling calls for lazy days at home curled up in my most comfortable casuals and burrowing under blankets on a nice fluffy couch watching movie after movie. The bonus would be having Ash with me keeping me company as I revive myself from all sense of anger and uselessness.

I wish I was anywhere but here.

No, wait. Not anywhere. I want to be at home.

Not my home in Cyber, cos it doesn't have the things I'm imagining, and I have a very different setting in mind.

Right now, I'm thinking, I wanna be at home in nothing but shorts and a tank top, and not in full on clothing in my freezing office. I wanna be cooking up some pasta and enjoying the making of it. I'm thinking, fettucine carbonara, cos I know Ash loves it. The recipe's pretty easy and the ingredients are attainable, and but of course, it's super yummy. I'd dump them into two plates and we'd pig out on the couch watching movies, without a care. Enjoying a plateful of creamy sinfulness watching a movie with my Sayang by my side; priceless. Oh oh, wait, not to forget some nice blankets to wrap around myself to keep warm, since I always feel cold no matter the time of day. I wanna be all snug as a bug within the softness of the blankets. But wait, come to think of it, I don't want a couch. Instead, I want a cozy daybed with more cuddling space for myself and my Sayang. I want to be able to just lounge about lazily without caring about the time of day and whatever work that might need to get done. I want to recline into a daybedful of pillows in front on the tv, wrapped in blankets with my Sayang right next to me... *sigh* Heavenly. I just know that I have to have a daybed in my house one day. A must have in the tv area. Something like the ones in the pictures. It'll be perfect; it's not exactly a bed but not exactly a couch either. Meaning, it'll have the same cozyness of a couch, but will be single-bed-sized. Now movie-watching would not mean just sitting up stiffly; on a daybed I can lie down, lean back, prop my feet up or fold it under me, or roll around. Much much more fun ;p And to make it even more fun, would be having a bowl of ice cream to share with my Sayang. That would complete it all. The cherry on top, eventhough Ash doesn't like cherries :p. Sinfully good food+cozy daybed+blankets+casual clothes+ice cream. But then again, the ice cream is not what completes the ensemble. It's having my Sayang close, whom I only have to myself one or two days out of a month. Having him next to me, doing something as simple as watching a movie at home, is more than I could ask for.

So yeah, that's where I'd rather be. And who I'd rather be with. I'd choose being with my Sayang over being at work any time of day. That is, if I could be anywhere but here.
Love,
N.e-Q

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment