Sunday, August 31, 2008

Convest '08

Some nights ago, Tuesday night if I am not mistaken (yes, it was cos now I remember that it was after my Feature Writing class and we were supposed to discuss MSL, but couldn't), Ash and I took a walk to Convest (the convocation festival held at the large parking lot near the Law Faculty). I haven't been there since it opened, eventhough it was right next to my college, as compared to it being so far from the guys' college.

Anyway, it was nice, walking together on that cool night just talking. Nights are usually very boring for me cos I would be cooped up in the room not doing anything and able to communicate with anyone. Usually, I'd be playing games, or watching a movie, doing laundry or something or other. So it was a nice change of scenery to be spending time with my love.

I was there with not so much the intention to eat. So I just looked at the many different foods that were there, each deliciously tempting with it looking so yummylicious and giving out yummylicious aroma as well. I swear I could have gained pounds just taking in the sights and sounds.

We stopped at one of the stalls, and I saw the reason as to why Ash was so intent on going to the Convest thingy in the first place: the gerai bihun sup utara (I hope I got that right). My sayang was intent on getting some genuine Northern glass noodle soup with a generous amount of beef and topped with sambal (chilli paste or something like that). So we sat down and enjoyed a hot bowl of soup and noodles on that cold, windy night.

Satisfied and full from a big bowlful, we took a walk somemore around the Convest hill. Despite the coolness of the night, I was just intrigued by the ice cream stall. The kid in me was jumping at the thought of ice-cream and so I got meself one yummy chocolate ice cream in a cone. It was a nice balance to a hot meal, and yet so cold to eat on a cool night. But with the company and the atmosphere and the food, I couldn't ask for anymore.

Ash and I sat down under a tent where there were some seats and a fan while I finished my cone. We talked a bit about some randomness, just having a laugh before we had to get back to our respective colleges. It was just nice, spending time like this...

What hit me the most was that this would be my last Convest as an IIUM student. The next Convest I go to, it would be as a graduant myself, cos it will be held at the time of my convocation (insyaallah). Felt a little sad and the bout of nostalgia started to make itself known... The end of my life as a student is coming to a close. Regardless of my decision for my future (in further studies), this will mark the end of my academic requirement. Whatever else I should pursue, would be my choice entirely, not because I need to.

Whatever it is, this last time was perfect. I had good food, I had fun just looking and browsing, and most of all, I had great company, just being with someone I love. Perfect.

Thanks, sayang, for taking me there.

Here's to Convest, and the next one to come.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment