Friday, August 29, 2008

The Room I'm In

My room tells alot about me.

Take one look at it, and you'd know the state my head is in at that time.

My room reflects me alot, and right about now you'd think that I am pretty messed up in the head.

I've had a whole lot of work this entire week. On top of the 5+1 assignments that were due this week, I also had two midterms. Because of the time I have been dedicating to doing my assignments, I've hardly the time to really study. So most of the studying was done last minute and pretty minimal at that.

Thankfully, my midterms weren't all that all bad. They were definitely do-able. And I left the classroom with that air of confidence of someone who thinks they have done well. Well, ok, sometimes I am prone to being a little overconfident, but then again, I am rarely disappointed.

But at the very least, I am not worried by them and there is no nagging feeling at the back of my mind telling me that I should have studied more or answer the question this way and that...my conscience is clear at the moment.

The assignments on the other hand, drove me a little off my rocker. Arabic 2 and Error was a breeze, and I finished them in just a bit. But it was American Literature, Malaysian & Singaporean Literature and Feature Writing that just squeezed the brain outta me. I've been suffering from a writer's block, and when I write, I don't like just crapping everything. I really had to do it good, you know. So it took me a whole long while to actually get my head in check and get something done. Thankfully, everything's done now and I now can catch up with sleep and rest.

So how does my room look at the moment? Well, for one, my bed has clothes, books, notes, and various other unmentionables piled up. The reason for that is to make my bed as uninviting as possible lest I fall asleep and not do my work. My floor is full of assorted laundry, all divided into different piles (whites, lights, underwear, tudungs, baju kurungs etc.). My table is just indescribable cos you just can't see any surface and the cupboard is a splash of colours all thrown carelessly. Summary? My mind is in a mess due to work, therefore my room looks the same. I cannot bring myself to do any tidying up when my mind is all used up for different reasons. It's focused on work and work only.

One thing though that you can say about my mess is that they are organized. Things may not be where they should not be, but even then they are arranged nicely and not just thrown about. It is sort of like an organized chaos. Something like that mess room that Monica has in the apartment; even the mess in there is all neat. So maybe you can say that even when I'm messed up, I'm still the organized nerd? Maybe.

Anyway, it's time I get back up there (to my room. I'm at the lab now) and do a little kemas-ing. Now that my work is all done for the week, and plus it's a holiday next week, I'd better get a little cleaning and laundry done.

So, okay then.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment