Saturday, August 23, 2008

'It's Been a Hard Day's Night'

Argh, it hasn't been a very good week for me. My mind's all over the place (I know it already is anyway, but it is a tad more than usual) and it's not very helpful. The strain of the semester is beginning to show, and I know that it's bound to spiral for the next month or so til the semester wind's down. I think I've said this a million times before: I need a reprieve.

This week did not go altogether right for me. I mean, there were moments of sanity and wonderfulness, but for most part, it was as though the odds were all against me. For one, I just got a fine because I left my laptop on the table, and there was a raid early in the morning; so when they opened up my compartment, they straightaway saw the laptop and gave me a fine for not having my laptop registered....what a rude awakening that was. On top of that, I'm totally turned off by the prospect of going to my ComApp class after the blunder my groupmates made in our presentation the week before. Error & Contrastive Analysis is killing my braincells badly. I lost my matric card, and I swear I left it at the CC but they say it ain't there. It's my frikkin' last semester and am already halfway through it at that and I lose my matric card. It costs 50 bucks to replace it and I can't even withdraw cash to pay for it cos my ATM card is my matric card.

And last but not least, I'm having a killer writer's block that is hindering me from writing 3 assignments that are due next week. In fact, I have one due this week but I couldn't submit it cos I can't seem to write a single paragraph right. And I have three midterms to think about next week and I am not prepared for that.... Argh. My brain hurts.

Among other things, after the lepak session at the stream behind campus, I discovered that I got bitten all over my body. It was raining earlier in the day and the river was a little murky. All the weird bugs were probably taking a swim in the river after the rain washed them into it, and me being the one allergic to bug bites, am now covered with little red bumps that are just so itchy. Eeee....annoying giler.

Ok, it's not so bad now that I have listed it out. But my brain is overloaded with stuff and they're just spilling out for lack of space. I just need some time to sit back and relax and sort through them...but the thing is, I do not have the luxury for that. The time that I do have left is for me to finish up all my work that is due soon... Sigh. Here's to insanity.

Of course, not everything has been bad. There have been good moments. Like going for the Body Shop's launch of the 'Breaking the Silence' Campaign at The Apartment, KLCC with Ayus. Lepaking with the Twisties at Bangi Kopitiam like the good old days. And of course, just spending time with my Sayang or just simply talking on the phone at the end of the day or my classes with him. Those are my shining lights during my dark week...so it's not all that bad. And now I am home after 2 weeks of not seeing my family.... So all is good. There is a ghost of a headache just lingering in my mind, but I'm putting it off for a bit til I get my bearings of things.

Anyway, lets hope next week gets a little better. I know that I have 3 exams and 4 assignments to submit, but I know I'll get through. With a lil help from my friends.

Love, Linzy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment