Thursday, July 02, 2009

Supersonic

Breaking the sound barrier, we are condensed to be one, moving united at a speed to the chagrin of the dropping pressure. We are supersonic. We boom.

But we all know I'm no pilot. No captain. No first mate. I was tethered to the seats as this plane took off for a ride. I was strapped in and was forced to watch the flight attendants put on their wordless pantomime of how to not die. Thinking back, I wish I could have passed out at least and skip straight to the landing. I didn't book this flight. I just happened to be in transit.

My ears popped as we came in for touchdown. Words so clear and no longer a muffled irateness that left me yelling to be heard. Trying to speak over the din of the pilot chattering on as the plane sways dangerously through the turbulence. But now we're here. We are at our destination. The beginning of an adventure. Where do we begin? Damn well anywhere we want.

Because me, I'd rather fly low. Have my feet on the ground. I like knowing that I have not far to fall. So that I can walk when I need to. Crawl if I have to. Run when I feel like it. And jump when in joy. For I am no pilot. I have yet to earn these wings. Still learning the ropes. Still practicing the controls. I wanna soar; but let's take it slow, and make it a flight to remember.

Love,
No Pilot.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment