Sunday, April 20, 2008

Photo? Shoot!

Prior to March 5th, I got one of those usual odd late night calls from Fairuz, or Ayus, as I call her. Nothing out of the ordinary there, since we've been best friends for ages, and these calls are just one of those obligations, yeah?

But that night her request was rather odd to me. Wait, not odd, more like "You want me to what???" Yeah, that's more like it. Not something I'd expect, whatever time of day you asked. My reaction would be pretty much the same.

This was the deal: Would I be free on the 5th of March? Cos she needed me to go with her for a photoshoot at Bandar Menjelara for Female Magazine. What was it for? They wanted to interview some chicks who were into collecting movie merchandise and have a photoshoot as well.

Well, first of all, I'm not a movie buff. And model material? Hmmm...I wouldn't count myself in. But it is Fairuz, and me and her have been in many crazy things together. This would just add more to the list.

She first needed another person to come with us, and I called up FidZy; but after some planning, she couldn't make it. So, since the merchandise I collected wasn't exactly movie stuff (everything of that sort would be all Whedonesque or at the very least, totally Potter), the deal was that I'd borrow FidZy's action figures and go for the photoshoot and interview. Oh, and I had to wear something white. For that, I got Fairuz to go to my place in Shah Alam and I directed her around
my room to pick up stuff for me.

So come the 5th, I left UIA early so I'd get there on time. I actually had a Discourse Analysis presentation that day so I needed to make sure I got everything done before 2pm. I took the cab there (I didn't worry cos they were reimbursing me for the cabfare...hehe. Otherwise I wouldn't have) and got there surprisingly early despite my worrying about traffic. I actually had to wait abit til the people from the magazine arrived. I was even approached by a nicely dressed Chinese man saying "Cik Adik Cantik, kejap lagi dekat kedai kopi di hujung sana kita ada ucapan sikit pasal BN. Datanglah bawak kawan ramai-ramai". I sat there dumbfounded and a lil scared cos I didn't wanna be caught in some political crossfire. But thankfully, the magazine folks arrived and we went into the studio.

Since Fairuz took a while to get there, they did my make-up first. If there was one thing I loved about the whole affair was having people fussing over my makeup. I didn't have to do a thing. Then I had my hair done (although I didn't really like the look. The retro hair thing doesn't work for me). Around that time, Fairuz arrived and then they did her makeup. And while waiting for her, I had my photoshoot.

That was one weird experience. I'm not used to having all eyes on me telling me to pose and smile and everything. It was fun but weird. Hehehe....I dunno how to put it to words. It was a funny feeling. After that we did Fairuz's shoot and I loved hers. Looked more studio like. But all in all, I loved the whole thing.

So, to whoever reading this, if you wanna check out the photoshoot thing I did, do pick up an issue of FEMALE MAGAZINE this MAY 2008. You'd be able to see me and my friend Fairuz doing the thing we do best: crazy things.

Love, LinZy~

P/S: (some continuation)

Fairuz and her boyfriend Fairuz were nice to give me a ride back to UIA. We were on time, so it was good. I'd have time to prepare for my prsentation somemore. But as soon as I passed the bridge, I saw Lina, Yumi and FidZy looking at a real banged up bike. I called out to them and they told me that Ash just got into an accident.

I went up and changed and got back down asap. Bringing Fairuz along, I bought lunch and caught up with the rest. Was worried about Ash's condition but thankfully he was doing ok despite a rather bad accident according to the others. He was resting in his room at the time so I'd only get to see how he was later.

So me and Aaina did our presentation and later went out for dinner and picked Ash up at the usual place. He looked bad where his face was skinned...but was glad he was ok and in one piece. Sigh...I felt rather guilty at the time cos it happened on a day when I was not around. Am so very thankful that he's ok. Especially now :)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment