Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Out of my Mind ep.4

I'm out of my mind.

Something not out of the ordinary. My mind has never been one to stay in one place. Always flitting to one thing to another. Inquisitive. Always finding more than one way to look at things. Always searching. Always questioning. I have many questions. And I have many answers. Just not to what I'm asking. Well, my mom has always said I was the most inquisitive one amongst my other siblings.

I'm out of my mind.

But then again, is it my my mind that I am out of, or is it my mind that is out of me? For I have lately found myself to be submitting to a self other than my usual. And in this self my mind flees. But nomadic as my mind is, it stays within my vessel. Usually. Only that it takes the time to explore the outer reaches of my mind, but never outside. And this what puzzles me, wondering why she'd take her leave to go, eventhough she's never left before.

She's out of her mind. But understand that she's fought her way out of the woods, and by some divine intervention, found herself once more with feeling. And although she's smashed she's not wrecked. She's tabula rasa; clean slate. And with lessons, she'll have words written on her blank pages, and she'll realize there's a sleeper in her.

She wakes up groggy with the new dawn, but not without a smile on her face. And eventhough she has yet to find out what is beyond that horizon, she's content with just the now. She's out of her mind, and it scares her when she is. The straight is not necessarily narrow, and she doesn't want to veer off. The offroad does seem a little tempting. She's heard about it. Heard it whispered when it reached her ear, the gentle rasp of promises. And yet, the whispers tell her the promises hold. Infinite validity for as long as the whispers heard is just the one without the interruption of any other, without adding grafitti ontop of the painting of the sunrise. And she's comforted. And yet, the offroad seems tempting... She won't visit, no. But she's tempted to ring the doorbell. Knock, maybe, and run before they come to the door. Maybe. But she's also been walking this road long, she'll get there soon. Maybe, too, she'd pass it by, and just get there first. She'll come a-knocking when she has her own door to be knocked on.

She's out of her mind.

But at least she remembers it.

Love, LinZy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment