Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Family

The semester that has just gone by has been pleasantly eventful. Particularly, of course, the last day of the semester before I went home for the holidays ;) Makes me wish that we all found this much earlier, this weird bond between ourselves. But then again, circumstances was much different then, and for the most part, some of us were just cordial friends. And it was only by some chance outing that we found this thing among us that we share.

The Twisties and I have spent too many days and nights together. From our every Monday and sometimes Wednesday outings, to our all-night escapades and hijacking and sleepovers at Yumi's...Being on campus meant being surrounded by my second family, and it is a wonderful feeling.

Despite loving being on campus, I've always felt a little empty, sometimes inexplicably overwhelmed by loneliness on campus grounds. Although that is only sometimes, still, I'd rather be at home when that occurs. Thankfully though, the previous semester left no idle time for such emotions to come over me.

Spending day after day together, I've come to gotten used to having my Twisties as part of my everyday life. Waking each meant meals together, hanging out to just chat and have a laugh and spending time going to movies, parks and the like. It's comforting and it's good having friends around keeping you sane, making you go insane and just sharing all of that. Oh wait, did I say 'friends'? I meant family.

I have my own family of course. The family you are born into and blessed with. They're dysfunctional and crazy and I love them. And then I have the family that is born into my life...And I find them to be so much my salvation when everything goes crazy. And I love them, too, because of their dysfunction.

Well, Joss (JWIMMN) did say that family is the people who lets you be you, and you're comfortable with. It can be anyone. And while I do have a family I love, I am thankful to have another.

The holidays have felt so uneventful without the going-outs I've gotten used to. Not that I haven't had any fun spending time with my family at home. No. It's not that. I love them and I love spending time with them. It's just that the routine (of going out with the gang) has been broken, and getting back into the swing of things (or lack of) throws me off kilter. And I'm missing my Twisties. And missing Yumi, my fellow hijackee who is now in Ukraine and would be there for the next few months. And no contest, of course, I'm missing you, Ash.
So thanks guys for being part of my life. So much for my initial thought when I first stepped into MCIIUM that I will never find like-minded people. I take it back...

I'm impatient for the semester to begin. Can't wait to be reunited with them Twisties. Just another four more days....sigh...oh wait, six more days. But that's only if you're not me. Hehe.

Love, LinZy~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment